What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there anyway i can bypass the iPad 2 passcode?

thisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i know about the magnet thing but i tried it with fridge magnets it doesn't work. i can't restore it because it has a passcode and it won't let me connect to iTunes. i wasn't suppose to be on it in the first place because my mom doesn't let me. She left it on when she left to work and i got to it before it locked. i need to get it soon! P.S will the iPad close all apps if it looses all battery?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, tsk tsk! I agree with Moonlit...you should just come clean with your mom!

I don't think it will close the apps if the battery drains. I can click onto safari and all my web pages are still open.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You cannot bypass the passcode. It would be pretty rotten security if you could. The only thing that can be done for a forgotten passcode is a complete wipe of the device, but I'm not going to recommend that given the situation!
The apps you used last will remain visible to your mom in the multitasking bar. Even with an exhausted battery, apps, such as Safari, will go back to where they were before power was lost when they are opened again.

Sounds to me like you need to be honest and admit what you did. Two wrongs won't make it right. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A double tsk tsk--just deleted a duplicate post of yours. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules.

Thank you!

OP
T

thisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you! but the app won't be open? it will just take her to the home screen?

OP
T

thisis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no i left to go to the bathroom and it locked. but if the battery drains it will be at the home screen after draining and recharging?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It will open to the last app you visited. If you didn't return to the home page before it locked out-it will remain open.

Most reactions

Latest posts