What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restored my iPad as I forgot restrictions passcode, still can't access Safari etc.?!

reree17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In April I was getting distracted by my iPad and needed to study for my upcoming exams, so got my mother to restrict my Safari, YouTube, Mail and Installing New Apps. After exams finished in June, she ended up forgetting the restrictions passcode. I have tried every single combo possible & still no success. So I am unable to access all of the above. However I can still go on my iPad (1G).

Now I would really like access to my restricted apps again, and the only possible solution seemed to be restoring my iPad. I backed up all my apps, music, videos and notes, then started to restore it. I had Safari, Youtube etc. back. Then I clicked on 'Restore from backup' aswell as syncing back my apps and now all these things disappeared again. So now I restored it again as 'Set up as a new iPad', and Safari etc. is back. If I put my apps, music & videos back they will disappear again!?

So I am very confused. Can someone please help me as this is very infuriating? :(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to give it some time! Remember this is an international forum, with Members all over the world. With Time Zones it can take a while before anyone is here who can answer your question.

Tim

OP
R

reree17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to give it some time! Remember this is an international forum, with Members all over the world. With Time Zones it can take a while before anyone is here who can answer your question.

Tim

Do you have a solution? :confused:

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Restoring from backup will reenable the restrictions, becuase your backup currently has the restrictions.

Once you've restored as new, you need to setup the apps you require manually in itunes, rather than from your backup and you should be ok.

OP
R

reree17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restoring from backup will reenable the restrictions, becuase your backup currently has the restrictions.

Once you've restored as new, you need to setup the apps you require manually in itunes, rather than from your backup and you should be ok.

Thanks! How do I set up the apps manually in itunes?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Just like you did when you first ever synced with itunes.

Go to your ipad in itunes and select the things you wish to sync.

Most reactions

Latest posts