What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any other cheaper device that works as apple tv's airplay?

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from asia, so obviously apple tv wont work here.. But is there any other cheap brand that you can plug in to your tv and can be played w/ the airplay feature?

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ian0508 said:
I'm from asia, so obviously apple tv wont work here.. But is there any other cheap brand that you can plug in to your tv and can be played w/ the airplay feature?

Why won't AppleTV work in Asia?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple tv will work if you set up a USA account so you can rent movies etc etc or if your iTunes store has movies etc. I am moving this thread to Apple tv as it is a better place for it

Sharkbait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you just want airplay functionality I see no reason at all why an aTV wont work in Asia.
As for something cheaper...... no. to be honest I think the aTV is very cheap for what it does (especially when JB and XBMC installed). Something cheape will probably not work as well.

OP
I

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How bout a small device that you can attach to your hdtv and stream there..just like an appletv.

Most reactions