What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Apple TV allow 1080p mirroring?

budmonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a Lightning adapter and an Apple TV with my iPaid Air purchase. I saw that Lightning adapter does output 1080p picture from the iPad Air to the HDTV. I attached the Lightning adapter to the Air, attach the HDMI cord and I'm done. I then open up an app on my iPad called AirVideo HD to play all my movies(mkv, etc.) from my PC.

I also tried the Apple TV, used the AirVideo app but no need for those damn wires. However, I keep reading that it only plays 1080p movies, say if you download one from iTunes. I only really bought the Apple TV for the Airplay/Mirroring feature so I was wondering if the Airplay mirroring function outputs 1080p to my HDTV? That's what I bought it for. I need to take one of these items back.

And I'm guessing that if mirroring doesn't support 1080p output that then I will need to convert my videos to m4v and add them to iTunes so I can play them on Apple TV, that would be the only way to get 1080p?

Most reactions