What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an iPad 4???!!

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is silly have the 3 out but not sale it.... No wonder people are confused and are not understanding the differences between the new ones... Bad move by target...

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to tell by looking at the box if it is the ipad 4 or not?

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope even the guy at Nebraska that sold them said he wished the boxes were different...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The back of the iPad 4 box says a lightning connector is included. The iPad 3 box wouldn't say that since it had a 30-pin connector.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At WalMart today there were little Xeroxed sheets up "We have the new retina iPad" ask to see it. Yes, indeed, because the only iPad anybody could see was the iPad 2 WalMart has been selling. I have watched the section where that iPad 2 is enshrined in a big plastic case. I even asked them to take it out once for me to see. No one even knew how to even fire it up. And the stack under neath it always went down fast, I think they were selling a lot at of 2s 2 $399. Afte rall, a lot of WalMart people may not even ever see a iPad anywhere else. I see the secret Black Friday WalMart add will be selling those 2s for $399 with a free $75 gift card. Now, how on earth will anybody know what to call any iPad? The "Retina", that could be 3 or 4, or the old one (could that be 1 or 2) Yes, I certainly agree with the previous posts.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing against Walmart or its staff, but I would rather use a store which is more dedicated to iDevices. There is a limit to how much the staff can know about one product when the catalog runs into tens of thousands.

Over time, as iPads with retina displays and 30 pin dock connectors become rarer, the confusion will go away, but my local Walmart is selling the 3 as the latest. Maybe it is, for them. Walmart are famous for getting good deals from suppliers. Could be they cut a deal with Apple to take a load of older models at a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually my WM is now carrying the 4 and pretty much got rid of all of their 3's.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To simplify your life look at the model listing in the link below. If you have questions or are confused look on the bottom of the box and you will see the model number.
Below is a link to the complete list of model numbers. The rh item is the code for that model. Keep in mind this is USA only and does not reflect the several region models for iPad 4 th generation 4g and ipad min 4g. In saying that the wifi codes will be the same expect the region number will change. Hope that helps.
http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Models

Your invoice should also reflect the product code so you can verify you have the right model.

In respect to the 3rd generation iPad Apple would have passed on price protection to dealers so in theory they can discount usually around $50 to move stock. If a store does not make it easy for you just stop shopping with them simple as that. We identify old stock here where I work and have a special clearance price on it. New stock is in a different area.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So what is the difference between 3rd generation and the iPad 4? Besides the plug? Any reason to move to the 4?

2x faster processor. Better coverage for LTE. No reason for me to upgrade so soon. They will likely do a redesign of the body in the next iPad, so better to see what that brings. Maybe with more storage.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So what is the difference between 3rd generation and the iPad 4? Besides the plug? Any reason to move to the 4?

Here's the full list.....If you have a 3 I'd wait but if you have a 1 or 2 I'd say it's well worth it.
Nobody knows what the next gen will be or when it will make an appearance.

*A6X processor.....2x processor speed & 2x graphics performance
*Lightning connector
*12W charger
*Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 802.11n Wi‑Fi and support for channel bonding, up to 150 Mbps.
*Front side 1.3MP HD camera
*LTE enabled

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I returned my 3 but only because I got it a week before the new new one was released, other wise I wouldn't of, I was very happy with 3...

Most reactions