What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 3 covers fit ipad 4?

sidewinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Will be getting a ipad 4 32 gb tomorrow and can't say how excited i am:).But have a little issue all the cases i have seen say will fit fit ipad 1/2 and 3 .will these also fit the ipad 4

thank you all

talon90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Will be getting a ipad 4 32 gb tomorrow and can't say how excited i am:).But have a little issue all the cases i have seen say will fit fit ipad 1/2 and 3 .will these also fit the ipad 4

thank you all

iPad 3 cases will work perfectly with an iPad 4, including activating smart cover wake on open feature. Note that some iPad 2 cases (such as folio style cases will generally fit on an iPad 3 or 4 they usually don't work with the magnets for the smart cover (wake and sleep functions) because Apple changed the polarity requirements.

Paul

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sidewinder said:
Hi all

thank you all

Any case that fits the iPad 3 will fit the iPad 4 perfectly. The only issue is that the opening for the charging socket is larger than necessary for the lightning connector on the iPad 4.

OP
S

sidewinder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you all for the quick responses.the ipad 3 cases seem to be cheaper than the 4 aswell..

Most reactions

Latest posts