What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an emulator to run Mac OS on PC?

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, don't laugh!

I am developing my first iPhone game, but apparently in order to upload it to app store you actually need a Mac, which I don't have funds (or room) to buy right now.

Is there an emulator that would allow me to run a Mac OS on my PC?

Thanks

Ridgeviewms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See if this helps you!

VMWare for windows looks like it may help. Would post link but not allowed.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think VMware is to run Windows on a Mac, but I sent them an email to see if they have Mac on a PC emulation.

Thanks

Azhrei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's against copyright and the EULA to run OSX on anything other than Apple hardware. That said, it is possible to run OSX inside a virtual machine.

OP
J

jsherk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean a pirated copy of OS X, I mean a real purchased valid version!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsherk said:
I don't mean a pirated copy of OS X, I mean a real purchased valid version!

It's still against the EULA even if you do buy it......but as stated above, it can be done.

The Archangel

Ridgeviewms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to install OSX Leopard last night on my MacBook Pro Parallels Desktop 7 and the system told me that it can not be installed. It did tell me the Leopard Server and Snow Leopard Server could be installed. Don't know if this helps you or not!

Azhrei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to install OSX Leopard last night on my MacBook Pro Parallels Desktop 7 and the system told me that it can not be installed. It did tell me the Leopard Server and Snow Leopard Server could be installed. Don't know if this helps you or not!
Correct.

IIRC, you can install SL first then upgrade to Lion. Google for the SL procedure as I seem to recall there were one or two special things that had to be done.

Most reactions

Latest posts