What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an APP that allows for downloading Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files?

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can print from iWork on the iPad.

You can print directly to a compatible printer from the iPad using iWork using AirPrint.

Here's a link on printing from iWork on iPad:

Pages for iPad: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

HT4065-12.jpg

support.apple.com said:
Using AirPrint you can print your documents directly from your iPad to an AirPrint-compatible printer. To print, tap the Tools menu and select Print. See iOS AirPrint 101 for more details.

support.apple.com said:
If you don’t have access to an AirPrint-enabled printer, Pages also makes it easy to create Pages ’09, Microsoft Word, and PDF files that can be sent via email, iWork.com, iDisk, WebDAV, or iTunes. These files can be printed from any computer that can open them.*

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can print directly to a compatible printer from the iPad using iWork using AirPrint.

Oops, missed that. Most of the input/output options are on the file selection page. I thought AirPrint was available, but couldn't find it. Forgot to check the options after the document was open.

Thanks for catching my bad.

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for all your answers. Greatly appreciated.

I know that my next question is different from what was discussed in this string and am not sure whether I am doing wrong by not opening another thread: can anyone recommend how to solve the problem with Flash since Adobe Flash is not supported by IPAD? Any app that someone could suggest that I can get from the App Store that would enable both opening web pages that require Flash plus watching the on-line videos that require Flash.

Many thanks again in advance to all of you, real experts and enthusiasts..

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the input about SkyFire. Would this enable BOTH the reading from URLs that require Flash (such as reading some newspapers) AS WELL AS enable watching video stream from links that require Flash, or is it not solving (not applicable for) a video streaming? Wondering if you own this App and what is your personal experience in that regard. Your comment is extremely appreciated.

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you give the URLs where you want to check if flash works or not, I will buy that app and shall.

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sridhar, many thanks for your support. Providing you have that App so that you can check it on your IPAD, here are the two links:

1. Newspaper: expressnightout.com and click on "on-line edition" on the top of the screen (and then select a current day for the newspaper's edition)

2. Video (live sports): myp2p.eu select "live sports" on the top of teh screen and pick any live sport currently playing (such as live soccer from Europe)

Many thanks for all your kind assistance

OP
NEWPORT

NEWPORT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes great addition to this thread Adobe was mynext question....keep us all post on skyfire

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just bought Skyfire. Sorry to say that flash content doesn't appear in either of those two sites.

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sridhar:

Many thanks for the quick reply. Does that mean that you can not open the content of either of the two URLs with SkyFire, or does it imply on your side that you do not appear to need Flash for either of these two URLs i.e. that you can open the content of both URLs WITHOUT a need for Flash OR SkyFire (which would be completely different than what I am getting on my side). Please confirm. Many thanks for your effort.

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sridhar:

Many thanks for all your effort. In fact I also learned that SkyFire is essentially a browser (like Safari), but unlike Safari (which can not open the files that require Flash), SkyFire does since its central server is apparently used to emulate the Flash into the URL that requires Flash.

To do that, can you please open SkyFire as browser (and not Safari) and, once in the SkyFire, please type the URL for the newspaper that you previously used (expressnightout.com) and again the "on-line edition" to get to the screen you snapshot in your previous entry.

In case if this works based on the steps above (as I was told in the Apple store which I visited today that it should) then this should indeed solve the problem.

If that should be the case, you may then try (using the same SkyFire browsing feature) and check whether the other URL with video should also work.

It is so kind of you to genuinely offer the assistance in troubleshooting this important issue. Know that I am very grateful for all the help you have been providing on this Forum. Best

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screenshots I provided earlier are when the URLs were opened in Skyfire, not Safari

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks Sridhar:

I must then regretfully conclude that SkyFire may not be the accurate Flash emulator (i.e. replacement) for the Adobe's Flash. Many thanks again. If you, or anyone on the Forum who reads this thread, comes up in the future with different findings on this software, or any other Flash emulator for which the two previously posted URLs (expressnightout.com and myp2p.eu) can serve as the test bed, please post.

Best to all...

bundat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skyfire only supports FLV's (Flash Video format), by encoding it into an HTML5 video.
Meaning that only flash streaming videos (that are specifically in .FLV format) will work.

Other Flash functionalities (such as controls/links, anything clickable, mouse, etc.), flash games, and the like, will NOT work.

For that, you might want to check out "Cloud Browse".
The way it works is it provides you an actual FIREFOX browser, on a remote desktop, which is hosted on their servers, running in an actual Windows environment. So you can also get Java applets to work.

But you might want to refrain from doing secure stuff like PayPal, credit card transactions, and the like.
Also, it's SLOW, and might ask you to pay for long times of usage.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts