What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an APP that allows for downloading Excel, Word, and PowerPoint files?

Sridhar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another alternative is to use a app like Splashtop Remote to view the content on your iPad while it is actually running on your laptop/desktop.

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tks Sridhar. I see that Splashtop Remote got some good reviews. This App appears as a no brainer in getting a remote access to your desktop using IPAD when both your desktop and IPAD are within your (own) local network. Did you explore, by a chance, would that be possible to use your IPAD when you are in the office (i.e. when you have an internet access through the Office network) while taking a control remotely of your desktop at home by pinging your desktop's IP address. That way, you would be able to literally access from the Office your entire Document portfolio that resides on your desktop (hard drive) at home.

Let me know if you have any experience with that. This App seems to be the closest so far in "mirroring" one's entire desktop "application habit" onto IPAD, while bypassing its original deficiencies such as lack of Flash etc.

Many thanks

kokushka59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Sridhar:

Would you be kind to go into SkyFire and check whether another URL for the sports streaming is compatible with Skyfire:

atdhe.net

Once in it, please try to open a few live events (that stream live with different parsers such as Sopcast, TV Ants and Veetle, at the time you watch) and let me know if you are getting a satisfactory video quality.
In case if this site indeed works, we may open another thread about a live streaming from IPAD to the LED TV screen that is also part of the Wi-Fi network and is, hence recognizable from the router. Essentially, I would like to explore whether it is possible for the streams of this nature to use the LED TV simply as the MONITOR, so that other people in the room can also watch the stream coming out of the IPAD/PC.

Many thanks

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts