What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there a simple YES/NO app?

momvetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They rejected name "phrase pad" and said it didn't open at first.

Checked it all out, cleaned some code, renamed it and resubmitted. Will announce it if it ever gets approved.

xultar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your son. It is cool to hear how he responds to tech. Maybe a developer will read the thread and get an idea and s
Work on a solution and invite you to beta test. This is a great thread.

Alex2911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello

Just registered because of this story. It is great that already found someone who is willing to make an app like this.
Wish you the best.

Alex

momvetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah!!!! They finally approved it, it's called Phrase Board.

And it's free.

We hope it meets your son's needs as well as helping others in the same situation. Please do offer feedback, suggestions, changes. We'll publish it tomorrow in the App Announcement section.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Perfect Yes/ No App on Steriods!

My son recently had a major stroke leaving him mute and quadriplegic. He has always been very computer oriented so I bought him an IPAD for entertainment, but I would also like an app that basically splits the screen in half with one half indicating YES and the other half indicating NO so he can press the response he chooses with the limited movement he has in one hand.

Anyone know of anything that would fit the bill?
Phrase Board (Medical)

from Apps (Free) for iPad
424676.png
Phrase Board 1.0

Category:
Medical
Price:
Free, Version: 1.0 (iTunes)

424676.jpg
Description:

Phrase Board allows people to communicate when they are unable to speak. Designed by a Registered Nurse experienced with clients who were unable to speak or for whom speaking was too taxing. Large “Yes†and “No†buttons allow for simple usage. Scrollable lists of having/feeling statements and want statements provide quick and easy communication. Message bar reiterates statements chosen.

Pain page facilitates quick and easy expression of location, frequency and duration of pain. Slider displays one to ten pain scale. Location, Frequency and Duration words as well as body illustration provide clarity.

The White board page allows one to draw a simple picture or to type a message and email it.

Create your own personalized messages
for use on rolling bar to store frequently used phrases.

Phrase Board

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread really brings together a community like this. It is about helping others . I have sticky the thread so that other users can get the answers fast that may be in need of a solution.
Many thanks to all whom contributed and to the individuals that responded so quick in writing an app.

Cheers from Col down under

momvetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Matthew and Col!!!

Thanks for putting it up for me Matthew, that was great! Thank you Col for putting it in the sticky area and for your response, it means a lot to us. Cheers.
Yvette & Giles

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good job! I am sure something like this must already exist, but now what we need is some sort of mounting for an iPad on a wheelchair.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Hey just to add to the list. There is an app called

Grace - Picture Exchange for Non-Verbal People.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:

ginopiazza49

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son recently had a major stroke leaving him mute and quadriplegic. He has always been very computer oriented so I bought him an IPAD for entertainment, but I would also like an app that basically splits the screen in half with one half indicating YES and the other half indicating NO so he can press the response he chooses with the limited movement he has in one hand.

Anyone know of anything that would fit the bill?

At $189 it may too expensive for your tastes, however, have you looked in Proloquo2Go Proloquo2Go: Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. I also cannot speak, and I find Proloquo2Go a very great app that fills my needs.

You may also want to look into AutoVerbal Talking Soundboard Pro AutoVerbal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch from No Tie Software.

You also may want to look into TapSpeak Conley Solutions.

Glad to hear that, for now, you found a solution for your son. However, if you or he want to go a step further than a simple "Yes" and "No" type of answers, consider the above.

And "momvetty" I applaud you for the app you created!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts