What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there a card reader attachment that can be used to transfer files from an SD card

provlima

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aside from itunes, is there some sort of device that can be connected to the ipad that will allow file transfers to an ipad.
If so how can these files be accessed from the ipad.
TIA

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple camera connection kit can transfer photos from an SD Card, but only photos.....

Tim

Pete64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 5in1 camera connection kit from Amazon. Plug it in to the charge port on your IPad and away you go. It has an SD card slot USB connection, mini USB for camera connection, Audio & Video out. You couldn't ask for more and all for £22.99

Sent from my iPad using iPF

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 5in1 camera connection kit from Amazon. Plug it in to the charge port on your IPad and away you go. It has an SD card slot USB connection, mini USB for camera connection, Audio & Video out. You couldn't ask for more and all for £22.99

But will it allow the transfer of anything other than photos?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. The only way you can use the camera connection kit to transfer anything other than photos is if your iPad is jail broken. Sorry.

Marilyn

JoshuaD80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
provlima said:
Aside from itunes, is there some sort of device that can be connected to the ipad that will allow file transfers to an ipad.
If so how can these files be accessed from the ipad.
TIA

You're stuck with files that your iPad can read, and that's it. If there's not an app for it, you can't move it over.

You can try Dropbox though. What exactly are you wanting to move over to your iPad? I've found that the easiest way to get PDFs, word documents, and the like, onto my iPad is to use Dropbox.

Hopefully that helps.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 5in1 camera connection kit from Amazon. Plug it in to the charge port on your IPad and away you go. It has an SD card slot USB connection, mini USB for camera connection, Audio & Video out.

But will it allow the transfer of anything other than photos?

My question was specifically a request to Pete64 to explain his post. I know that the standard CCK will not allow anything other then pictures but his answer indicated otherwise when taken in the context of the thread.

ralber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I use DropCopy to transfer files - documents, photos, pdf,AVI,music. Almost anything between my iMacs,PBPro,iPad2,iPod Touch.
Once on the iPad, inside the DropCopy folder, you can view/preview and transfer files to other apps on the iPad for reading or movie playing in the appropriate apps.
It is an easy, simple and quick process doing the transfers. Download the app and install on all your devices to enable transferring between all of them.

There are more ways than one, to skin......:mad:

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using 'Goodreader' installed in iPad and also in pc. It is easy to transfer any files. Only for video I am using Azul.

Most reactions