What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

camera connection kit

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple camera connection kit only reads SD card. My cameras uses CF & XD cards, I do have a usb multi card reader, can I connect my card reader to the camera connection kit and transfer from my CF card to the IPAD?

or will I be better off buying a 3rd party multi format connection kit? Does anyone have a reliable one that they can recommend?

Thank you!

Reaction score
The camera connection kit also includes a USB adapter, have you tried that one?
Just connect the camera, turn it on, select the play button, or whatever you have to press to view pictures and the pictures should show up on the iPad in the Photos app.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
yeah the camera connector kit includes USB so if the card reader doesnt work you can connect the camera directly via USB and transfer files from the memory cards.

OP
S

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the USB suggestion. I prefer not to transfer directly from my camera as it drains the camera battery. I will be taking hundreds on vacation.

Anyone uses a card reader to transfer pics to their ipad2?

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it does not work

Apparently my card reader draws more current from the USB than the USB has to offer via camera connector and iPadII (or iPad, either one) so I translate my CF card to SDHC in the Canon iDIII which carries both. With the Canon 5DII I have to use my MacBook Pro to upload via card reader and download to an SDHC. A bit cumbersome.

Look at the only simple solution to the problem but it is pricey!

HyperDrive iPad Hard Drive

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CF adapter

The Apple camera connection kit only reads SD card. My cameras uses CF & XD cards, I do have a usb multi card reader, can I connect my card reader to the camera connection kit and transfer from my CF card to the IPAD?

or will I be better off buying a 3rd party multi format connection kit? Does anyone have a reliable one that they can recommend?

Thank you!

First thing I did was ask Google. I selected the following link:
Compact Flash card reader for iPad - Photofacts

Check it out. Yes you have to buy a 3rd party CF reader that plugs into the Apple Camera Connection kit Adapter for USB.

OP
S

SueInBoston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently my card reader draws more current from the USB than the USB has to offer via camera connector and iPadII (or iPad, either one) so I translate my CF card to SDHC in the Canon iDIII which carries both. With the Canon 5DII I have to use my MacBook Pro to upload via card reader and download to an SDHC. A bit cumbersome.

Look at the only simple solution to the problem but it is pricey!

HyperDrive iPad Hard Drive

Thank you, looks like I'll have to continue to transfer to my laptop first.

Most reactions

Latest posts