What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the iPad too difficult to learn for a 62 year old?

thewaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My dad is 66 and is getting one. He also has an Iphone. The IPad is easy to learn and get accustomed too. I would say IOS is easier to figure out than Android devices.
My grandmother on the other hand...well my mother bought her a kindle reader for Christmas. My grandmother is 86 and to this day the only thing she can do is turn it on. I tried to teach her
how to turn the page for 30 minutes and she couldn't do it consistently. Nevermind teaching her how to go into the menu and search for books and at the Kindle store. It's back in the box. lol

tiffy83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think so! That's one of the beautiful things about apple products, they are so user friendly!!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
anyone of any age can use an ipad,theres plenty of help to be had on here too.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, i have to take back my previous statement. Turns out my mom can only do the same things she does every day if you walk her through them each time. Gestures is a whole other animal. =\

Verndog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I will say the Ipad is pretty easy to figure out, the interface with Itunes and how it manage files, apps, where things are stored (some coppied some not), is pathetically archaic IMO. You have to go through a series of check boxes, make sure you only sync checked files as syncing the whole library likely will stuff the Ipad full. Try to access a couple pics you just synced with your PC and use them for something. I see no easy way to do this without digging thru folders (other then emailing them to an account which is ridiculously slow since they are right there on the drive somewhere.

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am 28 years old and a new iPad user....my iPad drives me insane and addicted in the same time...but i wont give up...after all i have u all to help me exploring the iPad world...so glad to find this forum...hehehehehh

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am 28 years old and a new iPad user....my iPad drives me insane and addicted in the same time...but i wont give up...after all i have u all to help me exploring the iPad world...so glad to find this forum...hehehehehh

Isnt it just a wonderfully, addictive device Gr8panda? I love it! :)

Mitten

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, I'm on my second iPad...had the original 16 gb with 3 g and now upgraded to the new iPad 32 gb with 4 g. I use it every day and continually find new apps that make it even more indispensable My family hardly get to use it as it's nearly always with me and it's replaced many other electronics.

And by the way,I'm 61...and not particularly technologically adept.

wfmiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
61 and love my ipad. Watch movies, listen to music, email, etc. Best of all though is playing games on it with the grandchildren!!
:)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope not since I'm 73 LOL Admittedly I've used a computer for many many years for fairly complex usage with design and Photoshop (and business), but I also taught my (now) 96 yr old mother to use a computer at 85 when she moved near me. I wish she could use an Ipad but she has fairly severe macular degeneration and has to use special software to continue to use her computer. The Ipad has aids for vision problems but not able to increase the font or contrast enough for her to use it. I have had the Ipad One since the first month it came out and it changed how I use a computer (though I still use my big powerful PC for photoprocessing) and now I upgraded to the 3 when it came out because I outgrew the One. I don't think any of us imagined what the Ipad would be capable of those first several months--thanks to developers AND Apple for improving the hardware.

I basically act as the IT person or mentor for many of my much younger friends. i think regardless of age or experience with computers the Ipad is quite accessible for the usual things; reading, games, web, email, photos. For those that want to push the envelope a bit its fun too.

Diane

Last edited:

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My gramma will be 67 praise God and she is mastering iOS. She got an iPhone 4S and she is slaying the Siri beast!!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts