What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my charger broken ?

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everbody.

I wanted to charge my iPad and went my room. When I was walking, I dropped the charger. Now when I plug it in it doesn't charging. When I shake it does not make any noise as usual. Now, Will I have to buy new one ? Is it completely useless anymore ? I have an iPhone and iTouch but they don't work on iPad.

Thank you.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
How old is it?

If under warranty just say it stopped working, provided it has no physical damage

OP
E

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I don't think you should hear anything when you shake an iPad charger. I don't with mine.

The charger contains circuit boards so if the drop was hard enough you certainly could have damaged it.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

So there's no turning back, right ? I was preparing a presentation and this thing happened. My iPad's battery is about die. What should I do ? I must finish presentation and it is 2 o'clock in the morning here.

OP
E

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How old is it?

If under warranty just say it stopped working, provided it has no physical damage

Just a month. But I bought it when I was in abroad. And it doesnt have guarantee. Also there's no AppStore in my country.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Esquire said:
So there's no turning back, right ? I was preparing a presentation and this thing happened. My iPad's battery is about die. What should I do ? I must finish presentation and it is 2 o'clock in the morning here.

Try using your iPhone charger and keep it connected to your iPad while you're working.
Turn down your screen brightness at notch too.

You can charge an iPad with an iPhone charger it just takes a lot longer.

Let me know how it turns out.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Just realised it is an ipad 3

You could try third party usb charging adapters, test them out first if you can, as they may charge an ipod/iphone but not an ipad.

Have you tried plugging it into a computer?

Last edited:
OP
E

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just realised it is an ipad 3

You could try third party usb charging adapters, test them out first if you can, as they may charge an ipod/iphone but not an ipad.

Have you tried plugging it into a computer?

I'll buy a new charger online. Now I'm charging it over the computer by using Asus Software. I'll show the charger to my father when he wake up. Maybe he can open it do something. (I have no hope by the way)

BMWrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Esquire said:
Hello everbody.

I wanted to charge my iPad and went my room. When I was walking, I dropped the charger. Now when I plug it in it doesn't charging. When I shake it does not make any noise as usual. Now, Will I have to buy new one ? Is it completely useless anymore ? I have an iPhone and iTouch but they don't work on iPad.

Thank you.

Belkin makes a 120 volt six outlet box that plugs into an existing duplex outlet. It has USB ports with enough available current to charge the new iPad. I ought mine from Costco's warehouse.

OP
E

Esquire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Belkin makes a 120 volt six outlet box that plugs into an existing duplex outlet. It has USB ports with enough available current to charge the new iPad. I ought mine from Costco's warehouse.

Thank you but now, there is no Belkin in my city. (I live in Mersin)

MB50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kingsoft battery doctor app
If you use this app you will know if your charger is working or not!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use your iPhone charger - it will charge slower than the iPad charger but it will work. If you are using the iPad while charging it may still discharge depending on bluetooth, WiFi, Data connection etc and the worst offender is the display. Do what someone said in an earlier reply and turn down your backlight (turn down the brightness). On the new iPad the backlight draws more because the gaps are smaller and it needs to be brighter to give the same effect. Charging with the computer and an app will, at best, only be as good as your phone charger, but I don't know if your computer can supply all the current going to a phone that the charger can.

Edit: that was AdmiralAdama with the great advice to turn down the brightness (thanks)

Most reactions

Latest posts