What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad no loner fully charging !?

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
I've had an iPad 3 since the first day it came out. I ran to the Apple store and picked up my pre-ordered iPad. I've used the same charger and the same apple USB cord since the first day I brought it home and every day before this past week it charged to 100% and I'd take it to work and it would last all day. For the past week I charge it overnight while I'm sleeping (approx 8hrs) as usual, but when I wake up it never charges past 60%?! The first day I thought maybe my charger wasn't fully plugged in, or was loose. The second night when it didn't charge past 60%, I was nervous but still thinking maybe it was the charger so I unplugged the AC Adapter/ USB Cable from my powerstrip and plugged it directly into the wall socket. The 3rd day I woke up to the same thing 60% and no further.... I've seen other threads stating its the charger, or its slow charging, but I dont think thats the issue here. I've used the same included accessories since day 1, haven't changed anything in my daily routine, and yet the iPad won't charge past 60%. Its driving me nuts! I depend on it at work and now I can't even make it to lunch on a full charge... Any suggestions or just take it back to the Apple store for warranty maintenance or replacement?

Study13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried "recalibrating" the battery, i.e. letting it run completely out of juice and giving it a full charge?

Most reactions