What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it worth the cost?

amiee1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting the new iPad but I can't decide if its worth the cost, is it really that much better than the iPad2?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is worth as long as it meets your needs. I agree with sjleworthy--go to the Apple store and use it. It is a wonderful and extemely useful device-just ask our 200k + members here on this forum!

Regarding the iPad 2 to 3, there are several threads that discusses the difference. So check the search function out and see if you can get some of your questions answered that way!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMO, absolutely. But I am not you. You need to decide for yourself. That super crisp text it offers on everything you see is just an instant winner for me, but I read a LOT. Almost everything you do on an tablet is screen based, so the extra resolution is a big deal. Frankly, now when I look at any screen, whether it be phone, PC, laptop, or whatever, it gets compared to the screen on the new iPad.

But what does it matter what I think when you may see the entire thing differently. If you go to an Apple store, as suggested, you will notice that the screen on the iPad blows away everything else in the store, not just because of the readability, but also because of the size of the display. When I went with my girlfriend, they had a new iPad next to all of the products. It make the computer displays really look sad. One could instantly see the difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts