What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is extended apple care worth it??

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
The link you pasted makes clear that you get two years on hardware and phone service if you buy AppleCare. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your question. If you're not sure, call Apple and they'll be happy to tell you, so they can try to sell it to you.

In case you're still not sure: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC595

Thanks for that link, it is much clearer.

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the Aplecare does not cover accidents, I really don't think it's worth it. Just IMO. Yes, I'm not a fan of extended warranties at all.

One thing that surprises me about the Apple warranties altogether is the fact that you would actually have to PAY to get any answers to your questions after the first 90 days, or what ever the period is. Even if the product still is under the one year warranty. Or maybe I have misunderstood something...

On the other hand... My wife got the Applecare for her iPhone 4 when she bought it in November (even though I told her not to...). Last Sunday she went swimming with the phone and it died. We tried all kinds of tricks to get it to work, but with no luck. I then told her she now has an expensive paper weight. Well..., on Monday she went to Apple store and they replaced it for her for free. Not sure if the Applecare had anything to do with it but she was pretty happy. Especially since I told her they wouldn't do anything...

Then again, with the prices Apple sells their stuff, I guess they can afford the occasional courtesy replacement...

Anyway..., not sure if Square Trade sells warranties for iPads, but if they did and I was to cinsider ine, that's what I would get.

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never bought AppleCare, yet Apple replaced my smashed iPhone 4 for free. I went to a store, showed them the screen and told them the phone had fallen, and asked whether they could help. They offered the freebie.

Since the Aplecare does not cover accidents, I really don't think it's worth it. Just IMO. Yes, I'm not a fan of extended warranties at all.

One thing that surprises me about the Apple warranties altogether is the fact that you would actually have to PAY to get any answers to your questions after the first 90 days, or what ever the period is. Even if the product still is under the one year warranty. Or maybe I have misunderstood something...

On the other hand... My wife got the Applecare for her iPhone 4 when she bought it in November (even though I told her not to...). Last Sunday she went swimming with the phone and it died. We tried all kinds of tricks to get it to work, but with no luck. I then told her she now has an expensive paper weight. Well..., on Monday she went to Apple store and they replaced it for her for free. Not sure if the Applecare had anything to do with it but she was pretty happy. Especially since I told her they wouldn't do anything...

Then again, with the prices Apple sells their stuff, I guess they can afford the occasional courtesy replacement...

Anyway..., not sure if Square Trade sells warranties for iPads, but if they did and I was to cinsider ine, that's what I would get.

Most reactions

Latest posts