What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it Possible to Remove the Dock Completely?

Ratboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to completely remove the dock so there is only an empty space in its place?

OP
R

Ratboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm referring to the glass shelf with icons at the bottom of the screen. Thanks.

iTazm0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it can be done if you are jail broken.
The only thing close I've seen for my jailbroken iPad is a transparent dock and then either drag off all the app icons or use blanks with iBlank. But you still essentially have something there, it's not empty space- everything is just invisible.

Hope that helps.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The app SBSimplify will hide both the dock and the top status bar.
However it is made for the iPhone and will break the iPad.

iPwn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app SBSimplify will hide both the dock and the top status bar.
However it is made for the iPhone and will break the iPad.

So does this mean that there is no way to remove the dock? I tried winterboard but that is not working, and I have no idea what to do with SSh. I got to the springboard.app folder but I don't know if I am supposed to delete png files or what.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
So does this mean that there is no way to remove the dock? I tried winterboard but that is not working, and I have no idea what to do with SSh. I got to the springboard.app folder but I don't know if I am supposed to delete png files or what.

You used to be able to go into the springboard.app and replace the SBDockBG.png with a simple transparent .png image of the same size.

not sure if thats how it is on the iPad.

iPwn

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You used to be able to go into the springboard.app and replace the SBDockBG.png with a simple transparent .png image of the same size.

not sure if thats how it is on the iPad.

So how would one go about trying this? Sorry but I am an uber noob. My company wants to use the iPad to display a bunch of different videos and documents only. Is there any way to place individual files directly on the desktop? Sorry this is unrealated, but I am having a helluva time trying to find answers.

iPwn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enable transparent dock in winter board, which you can get from cydia.

Thanks Aiden, when I downloaded winterboard the first time it didn't work. I was just looking throughout the cydia updates and saw a transparent dock update for winterboard. Downloaded the 4.0 os update and it fixed it.

Most reactions