What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is iPad1 worth buying at $399 (16GB wifi)

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even though I own a iPad2, I'm thinking about buying to iPad1 as a backup. At $399, should I wait until Xmas to see if the price drop any lower? I have a feeling iPad3 may be coming our near Xmas time.

Also, will Apple soon fade iPad out like they did with iphone 2 when iPad 3 comes out?

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 3 will not be out before xmas.

Yeah its a great deal, if you want a back up then go for it

if you have a wifi iPad 2? (i got 1 today (uk) but returning it tomorrow) you could get a 3G iPad 1 to use when you got out.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Gunny008 said:

if you have a wifi iPad 2? (i got 1 today (uk) but returning it tomorrow) you could get a 3G iPad 1 to use when you got out.

Why returning your ipad 2m

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Twism86 said:
Apple has stopped all production of the iPad 1 already so buying a new one will be impossible very shortly, i say a month from now.

Id say less. 2-3 weeks if this discount trend keeps happening.

OP
netkrazed

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score

yeah... i got mine the first day it was out. plain 16gb wifi. Since wife and I both have iphones, didn't wanted to spend extra dollars for the 3G.

OP
netkrazed

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twism86 said:
Apple has stopped all production of the iPad 1 already so buying a new one will be impossible very shortly, i say a month from now.

Id say less. 2-3 weeks if this discount trend keeps happening.

Wow.. apple is moving fast. Will they still have support for ipad after next year or so?

$299 at verizon seems like a super price to me for a ipad.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:

I was going to keep it if the difference was really noticeable, been using it since half 5 ish and it still seems like using the 1st gen, though photo booth runs nice, FaceTime was nice but I'd hardly use them, still got iPad 1 which will do me until next year.

The next 12 hours may change my opinion though!

Have u got 1 yet?

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Gunny008 said:
I was going to keep it if the difference was really noticeable, been using it since half 5 ish and it still seems like using the 1st gen, though photo booth runs nice, FaceTime was nice but I'd hardly use them, still got iPad 1 which will do me until next year.

Have u got 1 yet?

Nope. Can't find one :(

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:

Have u got 1 yet?

Kind of my feeling. I had the chance to test one out, browse the web, use iBooks, type of apps and games along the lines of my use. Tested it out a solid 10 minutes and arrived at the conclusion that while I knew it was faster, it was not earth shattering. Nice, yes. If people have the money, can get their hands on one and want it-sure, enjoy, especially if the higher graphics use apps are of importance. But I could see when I got home and on my iPad 1, that it would be like almost no major difference except cameras I wouldn't use, and yeah, a little faster loading of apps and browsing. Sure-if I were to do a side by side, I would see, but in my practical use, I'm just not going to notice. And I wasn't complaining about them on my iPad 1 before the iPad 2 came out, and have no reason to suddenly complain now. They still perform fine for me. I figure my upgrade will be when the battery gives out.

Most reactions