What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is "Double at" tested and working on iOS 5?

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone know if the "Double At" (also known as "Double @") tweak has been tested and is working on iOS 5.0.1? Thanks.

For those of you you haven't heard of it, it's a useful little productivity tweak that sits in the background and detects when you double tap "@" in a text box, then replaces it by a string of your choice (set up in its Settings). Most commonly used by people as a quick way to enter their email address. Find it by searching in Cydia. Last time I loooked it was free.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is, for iOS 5, Apple came out with Shortcuts (which can be accessed via your Settings app > Keyboard). With Shortcuts, it's built in that you can create keyboard inputs to act as, well, shortcuts for what you want to type.

So, for example, you can set a shortcut as "@@" so that it will past your e-mail address. Actually, that's what I use to enter one of my e-mail accounts (I use the shortcut "gm" to access my Gmail account).

You can also use shortcuts to put in entire phrases. For example, while writing this post, I made a shortcut for the entire preamble to the Gettysburg address and named it "Lincoln." When I typed "Lincoln" in my Notes app, the entire phrase was entered. So, it's very customizable (though there is no way to make it have line breaks ... I've tried).

Bottom line: iOS 5 has removed the need for DoubleAt tweak (which I used and thought was cool, BTW). Now, you can make shortcuts for anything, not just one e-mail address.

Oh, and to answer your question: I've not looked to see if DoubleAt works on iOS 5 - because of the new function provided by Apple.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Last edited:

AfternoonShift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The thing is, for iOS 5, Apple came out with Shortcuts (which can be accessed via your Settings app > Keyboard). With Shortcuts, it's built in that you can create keyboard inputs to act as, well, shortcuts for what you want to type.

So, for example, you can set a shortcut as "@@" so that it will past your e-mail address. Actually, that's what I use to enter one of my e-mail accounts (I use the shortcut "gm" to access my Gmail account).

You can also use shortcuts to put in entire phrases. For example, while writing this post, I made a shortcut for the entire preamble to the Gettysburg address and named it "Lincoln." When I typed "Lincoln" in my Notes app, the entire phrase was entered. So, it's very customizable (though there is no way to make it have line breaks ... I've tried).

Bottom line: iOS 5 has removed the need for DoubleAt tweak (which I used and thought was cool, BTW). Now, you can make shortcuts for anything, not just one e-mail address.

Oh, and to answer your question: I've not looked to see if DoubleAt works on iOS 5 - because of the new function provided by Apple.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

oh didn't know that very nice! i actually install double @@... and it's been working flawless on my 5.0.1. I guess i'll check out those shortcuts :) thanks for the lengthy reply Marilyn.

Most reactions

Latest posts