What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple Planning to Launch iPad 3 with 2560X1920 Display This Year?

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can see them ramping up for 'just in time' production while holding back on the latest cam and display, and more importantly; a higher efficiency battery to support it.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DM51 said:
There is no "latest info". This thread is about an unsubstantiated rumor - nothing more.

My guess would be a dazzling product around April, the competition is simply not there and there is no need to rush.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
info said:
My guess would be a dazzling product around April, the competition is simply not there and there is no need to rush.

I don't agree. The Xoom and HP Touchpad are formidable opponents. Xoom has a slightly superior display (among other things) and equal battery life. the jury is out on the TP but WebOS is awesome.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I honestly think it will be announced in September, but not on sale till the next year

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the Samsung commercials are really starting to ramp up, so maybe Apple's hand will be forced.

Reaction score
Apple is very slow to react to market forces because they are usually so far ahead. Don't expect Apple to even blink at the Tab commercials. At this point in time there is no tablet war, more of an Apple total dominance and a few fire crackers by the competition.
Granted the day the Tab release was announced I started counting down the hours until I could purchase one but I realize I am in the vast minority and prefer it that way.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having just bought an iPad 2 (got good deal), part of me does not want to see an iPad 3 so soon... However the screen res in the 2 is really a problem when I look back an retina displayed iPhone 4... Make the iPad 2 screen look horrible... Can see all the pixels... Reminds me using a 3GS ;)

I still love my iPad 2, but if a retina display iPad 3 shows up sooner than later in Oct rather than April '12, I'm definitely upgrading. I can then give my 2 to my folks.

LCW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do agree with the above though that it doesn't seem like Apple to pull out an iPad 3 that early, especially as demand and thus production on the iPad are ramping up...

Although, maybe that is why Apple is trying to build as many iPad 2's now as possible so as to stockpile them in order to be able to start producing iPad 3's in Oct.... Hmmmm... Tough call either way...

swbranno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
i wonder if they can offer a better screen, more processing power, everything else, and all at the same price? We may be looking at several models in the not so distant future, just as in the macbook or any other line.

yes!

alextop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I aggre with you.. Edited by Moderator ~ no external links, please. I think the high resolution is possible right now... because Samsung have developed a Processer dedicat to this featured.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, of course not! RUMOURS! 2012 March/April. Always has, always will. They won't want to upset iPad 2 owners deliberately. The only thing I can see them changing is if they decide to delay iPad 3 to October and go for Xmas sales but that is just my opinion! (runs and hides)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
No, of course not! RUMOURS! 2012 March/April. Always has, always will. They won't want to upset iPad 2 owners deliberately. The only thing I can see them changing is if they decide to delay iPad 3 to October and go for Xmas sales but that is just my opinion! (runs and hides)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Ha ha!!! Do you really think Apple cares about we iPad 2 owners / 99%ers (well I will speak for myself lol). IMHO if it can make a buck by launching iPad 3 NOW or in the very near future I think they would. If we decided to ditch our 2s and switch to 3 I think they would be very happy lol!!! ;)

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The release will be April/May but not to avoid upsetting existing customers. Instead, they will clear their iPad 2 inventory with Christmas sales, iPad 3 announcements in February, followed by a small iPad 2 price reduction.

I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Most reactions

Latest posts