What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Apple getting ready to launch an 128GB iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my phone(4s) shortly before the 5 was rolled out, from a very popular retail store! I ask about 32 and 64 models! I quote "we don't sell or carry dead inventory products there just isn't nearly enough demand to carry the larger memory" now granted my mind was pretty much made that the 16 would be sufficient!! I don't see any demand for a mega memory IPad!! I have the 160GB iPod in my car. The iPod will die long before I fill it up!! And by the way,the IPod classic is by far the worse selling IPod in the family!! And will likely be dissolved within the next year or so, mainly due to the Cloud and I-tunes match, which, in my opinion is the best feature Apple has offered in the past couple of years!! We will see if its a Splash(128GB)!! 6 months from now we will look at the sells and prove somebody right!!

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The memory size has been discussed for 3 years on this forum and the arguments are always the same.

The iPad is such a great device that it doesn't matter how much memory you have in it; it is still magical and will still do so many many things. If a hundred bucks means very little to you, spend it and get more memory if not your iPad is still going to work just as well.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I bought my phone(4s) shortly before the 5 was rolled out, from a very popular retail store! I ask about 32 and 64 models! I quote "we don't sell or carry dead inventory products there just isn't nearly enough demand to carry the larger memory" now granted my mind was pretty much made that the 16 would be sufficient!! I don't see any demand for a mega memory IPad!! I have the 160GB iPod in my car. The iPod will die long before I fill it up!! And by the way,the IPod classic is by far the worse selling IPod in the family!! And will likely be dissolved within the next year or so, mainly due to the Cloud and I-tunes match, which, in my opinion is the best feature Apple has offered in the past couple of years!! We will see if its a Splash(128GB)!! 6 months from now we will look at the sells and prove somebody right!!

Lol. So you're interested in being "right." My only interest is in getting hold of more GBs when I buy my next iPad. I don't care how many Apple sells.

By the way, if Apple used your approach, they should've gone out of business long ago, or started making much cheaper stuff, because they had a single-digit marketshare in the old days.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Then you would have to purchase a different product other then Apple. Don't think this will change anytime soon...

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

I already have ipad. I am just confused about memory price...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

It is time for all of us to take a Deep breath in ...and then out.

Everybody is entitled to what they believe in, however, it is important to understand that what your belief may be is not shared by everybody.

Please tone down your posts, Mahall. It is not necessary to end each sentence with exclamation marks (!!)...that just adds an angry tone to your messages, which we are certain you do not mean.

Thanks-

Ski: iPadForums Moderator.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had 64gb 3g iPads from first release of the first gen iPad and always upgrade immediately a new gen iPad is released. Trouble is I always only seem to have consistently about 5gb available cos I always run fully loaded. You can be sure that my next iPad will be 128gb (as soon as the iPad 5 is released) however I'll soon have it loaded up with loads more stuff, movies etc... soooo probably still only have 5gb available :-D

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple sells a 160GB iPod Classic. The iPad is far more versatile in comparison and, from one perspective, 128GB is far more reasonable for those of us who have almost completely stopped using a laptop for job-related tasks.

I remember the days when 40 MB of hard drive space on my PowerBook seemed like such a big deal. If someone had told me back then that I'd ever own a laptop with 250GB of storage, I would never have believed it.

I expect the storage capacity to increase in the future just as it has with laptops. I may never own 250GB iPad, but who knows?

SonicBodhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
I always buy online. Closest I got to buying Apple in the store is an online purchase to pick up!!! Never again!!! I don't recommend. Thought I would pick up a touch on the way home at the grand central location in NY one day. I still has to wait an hour. And about 2 years ago to to try to salvage my dying iPod classic and bought a new discounted one. That's it. My 4 I just bought online didn't go into the store to look at it.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Exactly. As a first-time Apple buyer, I ordered online directly from the Apple website, and had an inscription put on the back, as they were running a special promotion to inscribe it for free. I have had relatively few of the problems mentioned by other folks except that one or two of my third party apps got 'broken' by the 6.01 update, and the feud with Google which caused them to remove the native YouTube app. I did have to do one restore from iTunes right after I bought it, but it was because of some jail-break thing I did that somehow messed it up. Haven't had that many complaints otherwise. The Siri thing was fun for a while, but then it got annoying because I would have to repeat a command several times before Siri would finally comprehend what I was saying, so I eventually just shut it off. More of a novelty to me than a productivity tool, really.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most retail stores will not even carry it!! Why? Demand is not there! Look at the sales of the 64 compared to the 32 and 16!! Most people will not feel the need to have this, like most of the products that Apple roles out that's all!! If they would have added the 128 to a the next big upgrade it would have been more in line with Apples patterns!! And most main stream IPad users would not consider such a pricy tablet! Of course, most people on this site will run out and buy! But not the typical person just looking for a inexpensive tablet.

You just got to love people that present their opinion like it's fact. :thumbsdown:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
You just got to love people that present their opinion like it's fact. :thumbsdown:

I guess we're just not typical here. Now where's my credit card.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asharp said:
Apple sells a 160GB iPod Classic. The iPad is far more versatile in comparison and, from one perspective, 128GB is far more reasonable for those of us who have almost completely stopped using a laptop for job-related tasks.

I remember the days when 40 MB of hard drive space on my PowerBook seemed like such a big deal. If someone had told me back then that I'd ever own a laptop with 250GB of storage, I would never have believed it.

I expect the storage capacity to increase in the future just as it has with laptops. I may never own 250GB iPad, but who knows?

2015 is coming, you might own a 10TB iPad that will double as a hover board LOL.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts