What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is anyone else experiencing itunes/app store sign in security code issues?

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Starting yesterday, when trying to download an app, account verification was needed- it asked for my credit card's security code, but won't accept it. Then I heard that a friend was experience the same thing, I googled it and found that this happens from time, but there are reports of this happening again since Dec 26th, which may possibly related to a server overload with all of the new iOS devices accessing the app store/iTunes/iBooks at the same time (just a guess)

Is anyone one else noticing this for themselves?

iPadIssues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This isn't happening to me right now but it happened to me a while ago. It may very well be an issue of server overload because of all the gifted iOS devices but you may want to check your bank just in case. That solved the problem for me before.

Death BU

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got message asking to change password - password was a year old - on Dec 27

OP
xune

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: as of last night, it accepted my security code. Back to normal. :) Not sure what the hiccup was, but I am happy to be able download more apps/books, etc!

Most reactions