What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is a wireless keyboard worth getting?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Microsoft BT 6000 and liked it so much I started using it with my PC in preference to my old Logitech keyboard.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

---
- Posted with TapaTalk for iPhone

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Microsoft BT 6000 and liked it so much I started using it with my PC in preference to my old Logitech keyboard.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

---
- Posted with TapaTalk for iPhone

Yes! Sometimes feel like I'm a shill for Microsoft when I recommend this keyboard in thread after thread. Nice to see some confirmation from another satisfied user.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a folding iGo Stowaway keyboard but those are no longer made and sell used for a pretty hefty premium . Highly recommended and I don't understand why they aren't made anymore.

But, if you have the camera connection kit then most USB keyboards will plug in and work.

I have also used a Logitech wireless keyboard hooked up the same way.

But clearly, dragging a full size keyboard around is not fun.

However, if you do any kind of writing beyond one or two line emails on the touch keyscreen then a BT keyboard makes a lot of sense.

I use this keyboard too - using it now - but there is an alternative - the Freedom iConnex - it's available from Amazon and even has some dedicated iPad buttons - for Home, volume up, volume down etc.

Tim

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the Apple mini BT wireless key board. No wonder lots of people jump to buy the Apple products and love the brand. It is an amazing little key board and it looks awesome with the IPad.
I hate to convert my IPad to a netbook by attaching things to it however this little key board truly has made typing faster and more fun.

david45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally I feel if you are not comfortable with the on-screen keyboard, you should definitely go for a wireless keyboard...That is exactly what I have done, as wireless keyboards give me much more freedom.

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the apple BT keyboard and have no regrets. It also pairs with the iphone and makes texting and emails a breeze.

ModGTI

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also use one BT keyboard which I bought one and has been using it as I am always on the road which I use it for my daily emails.

Cheers

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears that the latest version of the Apple Wireless Keyboard, designated as the /B model (as distinguished from the /A model that was sold until very recently), may have problems in function key functionality, specifically for controlling volume via the keyboard.

Details are sketchy but it appears that changes in the keyboard to support the latest Mac OS (Lion) may have created the problems for the iPad. A thread on the topic can be found on Accessories forum and other comments are available on other sites. (Google is your friend in this case.)

The keyboard version is shown on the box.

ajricaud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Below is a link for a BT keyboard/case combo for $40. It looks and sounds a lot like my Kensington model. Even the reviews sound the same as when I was researching a while back before I bought mine. Some reviewers say that they have to enter the pairing code each time they turn on the keyboard, same as some said about the Kensington. I have never had that problem--paired it initially and works every time since. I have bought many items from the vendor--good prices, good products and have been good about refunds/returns:
Mwave MWAVE iPad Bluetooth Keyboard Keycase Folio Deluxe from mwave.com

Sundancekid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A wireless keyboard does come in handy specially if you're doing some serious document works thst entails a lot of typing. Luckily i was able to buy a bluetooth keyboard for only $23 here in my location... :)

caningit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have owned my IPad1 for one year now. I have seen people with the wireless Apple keyboard and they have all expressed they are not happy with it. They don't like the fact you can't tell if it is on. They also say they don't like that it is not attached to the IPad, like in a case.

About one month ago I purchased the Kensington, all is one keyboard and I LOVE it. I am almost redy to give up my laptop. I love that it has a case that it is attached. I can completely cover the keys if I need to, by laying the IPad on top of the keys. I can also stand it up so it is more laptop like. My keyboard has a switch up flip up and you can tell it is on. It automatically connects to the Bluetooth. It has made such a difference when I type a lot. Save money on the case and buy this one and you get both.

The site will not let me send a link. Just look it up. Sorry

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
caningit said:
I have owned my IPad1 for one year now. I have seen people with the wireless Apple keyboard and they have all expressed they are not happy with it. They don't like the fact you can't tell if it is on. They also say they don't like that it is not attached to the IPad, like in a case.

About one month ago I purchased the Kensington, all is one keyboard and I LOVE it. I am almost redy to give up my laptop. I love that it has a case that it is attached. I can completely cover the keys if I need to, by laying the IPad on top of the keys. I can also stand it up so it is more laptop like. My keyboard has a switch up flip up and you can tell it is on. It automatically connects to the Bluetooth. It has made such a difference when I type a lot. Save money on the case and buy this one and you get both.

The site will not let me send a link. Just look it up. Sorry

I am very happy with my Apple wireless keyboard. As to whether it is on or not, every time I press the button on the right, the green light illuminates briefly to let me know that it is connecting, and that's it. If it was attached to the iPad it would have to be smaller. I like it the way it is.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no complaints about the Apple BT keyboard, which I pair with the origami case. I especially like that it doesn't attach to the iPad. I don't know why anyone would buy a separate keyboard and then complain that it doesn't attach.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I LOVE my Apple keyboard. So light and easy. It's a wonderful keyboard. Easy to take along as well.

Most reactions