What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is a Restore my last option?

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, guys,
I have been a member on hear for a couple of years now. I really need your help, my iPad is disabled because my little brother entered, the wrong passcode more than six times. However, I have mad a few attempts to resolve it, and to get it back to the unlock screen. I tried to update it, but after the update finishes then the iPad loads that thick bar under the Apple logo, and then shuts off, and then a black background appears with this message. "iPad is Disable, connect to iTunes" I am trying everything that is possible to get this fully successfully resolved, and I am also avoiding to restore, I do not want to do restore.

Unfortunately, the unlock timer is not visible, it only shows the time and it says, the iPad is disabled and connect it to iTunes.
Below is a picture the error I receive in iTunes and it doesn't recognize the iPad.

Here is some pictures of the screen, that is pops up.
022.jpg

Moreover, if my only solutions is a simple restore, then will all my general files be backed up, like photos, music files, podcasts, and basic setting? I am trying everything to prevent from doing a restore.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a note: There are no screenshots visible in your post.

If you made a backup recently, be it iCloud or iTunes, you'll be able to recover the information and settings you had on your device.

In any other case, they'll be lost.

The only option left for you is to erase it in iCloud (icloud.com/find), or use recovery mode to restore it.

OP
WAQAS4

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a note: There are no screenshots visible in your post.

If you made a backup recently, be it iCloud or iTunes, you'll be able to recover the information and settings you had on your device.

In any other case, they'll be lost.

The only option left for you is to erase it in iCloud (icloud.com/find), or use recovery mode to restore it.
My mistake, the pictures should be visible now. I downloaded, iCloud control panel. Although, I am having issues with viewing, my photos through the iCloud control panel. I click "relaunch Google Chrome, on Windows 8" and it goes into this specific mode, where I can't even open up, the iCloud program. How can I check and confirm, iCloud files are backed up, on my computer?

Keep in mind, that I am unable to to go into my ipad, to view any content. It is completely disabled. A week ago, I had attempted to do an update by connecting it to iTunes, However, when the update was fully completed, after the Apple logo goes away, it goes right back to the "iPad is Disable" as seen in the photo below.

I appreciate your help my friend.​

Attachments

• iPad Recovery Mode.png
    iPad Recovery Mode.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 563
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 814
OP
WAQAS4

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded, iCloud control panel. Although, I am having issues with viewing, my photos through the iCloud control panel. I click "relaunch Google Chrome, on Windows 8" and it goes into this specific mode, where I can't even open up, the iCloud program. How can I check and confirm, iCloud files are backed up, on my computer?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iCloud Control Panel isn't meant to save your backup files to your computer, but to sync the files,... to the PC, so you're able to save photos to the computer, just as an example. Your iCloud backup files are stored in iCloud.

If you can't access your photos on the computer through the Control Panel, it's possible to view them in www.icloud.com, if you use iCloud Photo Library.

Last edited:
OP
WAQAS4

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually meant, that the photos from iCloud control Panel, isn't showing up. I logged on onto iCloud.com and unfortunately, when I clicked on photos and supposedly, I have to enable photo sharing on my iPad, but I can't even unlock my iPad. On icloud.com it says I have 435.51GB of storage usage. See pics below. The only real concern I have with restoring, is that I might lose my pictures and podcast files. Besides that, I really don't have any other problem with doing a restore. Do you have Teamviewer or any other streaming program installed on your computer?
Untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your storage usage in iCloud is mainly used for backups. This also shows that you don't use iCloud Photo Library, so that's the reason why you can't access the photos there.

Again:
If you have a most recent backup where these photos were included, you'll be able to restore from that backup. The photos will appear on your iPad again after restoring.

Your iCloud backup contains information about content you purchased. When you restore, that content will automatically be downloaded again from App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store. If the podcasts were purchased from one of these, they'll also reappear.

Most reactions

Latest posts