What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is $87 a Proper Price for An iPad Wireless Keyboard?

Applefreak12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have registered here to ask a question about iPad keyboard. I recently found a white keyboard on a website, which says the product is connected to iPad through Bluetooth. But don't know much about the techniques, so I wanna get some suggestions here. Besides, I'm not so clear about the keyboard's performance/price ratio.
Have a look at: Genuine Bluetooth Wireless Original Keyboard for iPad Tablet Laptop Notebook Computer PC Brand New CKB-5073 [CKB-5073]- $87.40: TinyDeal, Mobile Phone, MP4/MP3, PC/Game Gadgets, Watch

Hey, guys! I landed on the page again today and found the company has modified the price down to 68.99. Have they heard our talks? :D

Last edited:
OP
A

Applefreak12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read from the webpage that the 87.4 dollars are paid for a keyboard and to AAA (I don't know what does it mean) batteries. So how much would the batteries cost upon your experiences.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Buy the apple one. Not only is it the smallest it's also the best looking and you will be staring at it a lot :)

AAA is just the battery size.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how much would the batteries cost upon your experiences.
I gotta ask... have you never purchased batteries??? AAA batteries are CHEAP!. I don't have a Bluetooth keyboard, but I do use a Logitech wireless keyboard that uses 2 AAA batteries. I bought it in August of 2009 and I haven't replaced the batteries yet!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have registered here to ask a question about iPad keyboard. I recently found a white keyboard on a website, which says the product is connected to iPad through Bluetooth. But don't know much about the techniques, so I wanna get some suggestions here. Besides, I'm not so clear about the keyboard's performance/price ratio.
Have a look at: Genuine Bluetooth Wireless Original Keyboard for iPad Tablet Laptop Notebook Computer PC Brand New CKB-5073 [CKB-5073]- $87.40: TinyDeal, Mobile Phone, MP4/MP3, PC/Game Gadgets, Watch

The Microsoft KB 6000 is $39 at Office max and it is a better keyboard then the Apple one.

AppleConvert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this one, too: Apple Wireless Keyboard It's a very nice keyboard, and I was pleasantly surprised at how light it is!

No need to pay more than $69.99.

To change the subject just for a moment... JackieMac, thanks for posting the WooWooMac link -- great site!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Microsoft KB 6000 is $39 at Office max and it is a better keyboard then the Apple one.

I like the MS mouse/keyboards, if it works, you have use the camera kit to hook up the dongle, provided it powers the transmitter. It is also a good size keyboard which defeats the purpose of the iPad. The apple BT board is compact and works great. It is definitely on my to get someday list.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I saw said wireless. From my experience, wireless requires a dongle or a card. I do not know of any units that use wifi, and bluetooth is not cheap.
Wireless range of up to 30'. 2.4GHz wireless access helps reduce clutter on your desktop and lets you stay connected even as you roam up to 30' away. Simply plug the included mini-transreceiver into an available USB port and begin typing right out of the box!
From the Office Depot website.

Last edited:

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even if the Microsoft is that cheap,it is hardly a fair comparison with the Apple KB.
Sure they are both keyboards but the similarity ends there.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the Microsoft 6000 is a better keyboard than the Apple KB. You also get a BT keypad. Do a google and you will put it together as to why.

Most reactions

Latest posts