What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the wireless keyboard for the ipad 2 work with games?

bobjamin45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if I bought a wireless keyboard for my iPad 2 if I played a game, could I use the keyboard for the controls? For example would it work for dead space? Also are there any bluetooth Mouse's? If so could I also use them for gaming?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether there is Bluetooth keyboard support by an app is determined on an app-by-app basis - there's no general rule. If an app decides to support a Bluetooth keyboard then that support has to be explicitly coded into the app. So you'll need to determine for specific games whether there's keyboard support.

Tim

OP
B

bobjamin45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Whether there is Bluetooth keyboard support by an app is determined on an app-by-app basis - there's no general rule. If an app decides to support a Bluetooth keyboard then that support has to be explicitly coded into the app. So you'll need to determine for specific games whether there's keyboard support.

Tim

Ok, thanks that helps a lot. U didn't no of any apps that support the keyboard by any chance?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In terms of apps - for sure a Bluetooth keyboard is supported by

Safari
Apple's 'Pages', 'Keynote', 'Numbers'
'Notes Plus'

These are the apps that I use the most. I don't play any games on the iPad so I've no idea of which games might support a Bluetooth keyboard. I'm sure other Members will be along soon with their contributions.

Tim

OP
B

bobjamin45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
In terms of apps - for sure a Bluetooth keyboard is supported by

Safari
Apple's 'Pages', 'Keynote', 'Numbers'
'Notes Plus'

These are the apps that I use the most. I don't play any games on the iPad so I've no idea of which games might support a Bluetooth keyboard. I'm sure other Members will be along soon with their contributions.

Tim

Cool, thanks heaps.

Most reactions

Latest posts