What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPod app closes immediately

skippyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
thanks in advance for the help. When I start the iPod app, it opens briefly and immediately closes, taking me back to the home screen. I have synched several times, powered on/off and still does the same. When connected to iTunes on my computer, it shows that there is music loaded. Anyone have ant ideas?

Tx
B

OP
S

skippyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Restore did not solve the problem :(

Sounds like something is corrupt. Just restore from within iTunes....

http://www.apple.com/support/ipad/

Just finished restore from iTunes. No luck - DANG. All my earlier installed apps are gone - how do I easily get these back? And iPod app still does not work. I'm ready to junk this thing. Any more ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
Skippyman

OP
S

skippyman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, got it working. Found a thread on another forum. Suggestion was to watch a video and then iPod app will be magically fixed. It magically worked. Even tho I had done this in the past, somehow the combo of the restore and this, has fixed it.

Now, how do I get my apps back after the restore?

Thanks all
Skippyman

kaspia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I been having the same problem too. iPod app kept crashing. Thanks skippyman! You saved me from restoring. :) Playing a video did "magically" fixed the problem.

To get your app back, right-click on your iPad in iTunes and click "Restore from Backup..."

ajtait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Video option didn't work for me. My video app is crashing immediately as well! This is terrible.
Any advise? I am doing a restore right now. Seems like this is going to take forever.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can redownload any app from the app store, it will act like you're purchasing but a popup comes unjust before downloading and says you've already purchased this do you want to reload...just click ok

ajtait

iPF Noob
Reaction score
App?

So re-downloading an app from the app store on my ipad will fix the video and ipod app crashes?
I already restored to original settings and removed ALL my videos and music. If your msg works, maybe it will help many people in the future.

Let me know if I am misunderstanding.

Thanks.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So re-downloading an app from the app store on my ipad will fix the video and ipod app crashes?
I already restored to original settings and removed ALL my videos and music. If your msg works, maybe it will help many people in the future.

Let me know if I am misunderstanding.

Thanks.

No redownloading your apps is an option if they are missing after you've had to do a restore.

Romack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had same problem, Facebook App would open then close immediately. I found I had run out of disk storage, and I guess Facebook app got corrupted. I deleted the Facebook app, made more disk space by deleting apps I dont use, then downloaded it again for free from the app store. All fixed, working well. I am thinking that trying to save photos when I was out of disk storage space, and Facebook was running in background, somehow allowed Facebook to get corrupted, not sure. But, deleting the Facebook app and reinstalling worked great. I have an iPad3 with 32GB memory.

Last edited:

Most reactions