What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone on T-Mobile

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The rumor news is that the next carrier to get the iPhone is going to be T-Mobile, not Verizon. It is a lot easier to adjust the chipset to work on T-Mobile, and since CDMA is going away soon, it is hard to justify adapting to it. Plus they say that Verizon is not willing to play by Apple's rules.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TMobile is the only service out there with worse customer service and service than ATT. I had TMobile. It was so horrible between customer service, lies, etc, that I paid over 1000 bucks between my lines and phones to cancel and switch to Verizon.

ATT doesn't have the best service in all areas but their customer service isn't horrible. TMobile is the like the worst of both worlds.

HOWEVER, TMobile is cheap and ghetto, so that's why it stay popular.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as T-Mobile has customers, they will sell iPhones. The report said that Apple will go slow switching from AT&T exclusive. However, they will wind up on Verizon because Verizon needs the iPhone, and Apple needs to compete with Android.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the time that happens I should be ready to upgrade my NEXT phone. :)

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T-Mobile and Apple? I dont think so, unless Apple buys them. Like Mathew said, T-Mobile has the worst ever customer service for a cell company and I don't see Apple going under the covers with that:confused:

If Apple bought T-Mobile, would they call it iMobile ??? Got a good ring to it :)

Last edited:
OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The latest info is that the exclusive contract will end the first quarter of 2011, so by this time next year, there should be another carrier out there.

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I have to disagree with the statement of T-Mobile having bad customer services. I have been with many cell phone companies and I end up staying with T-Mobile (4 years now) due to good pricing and more bang for your buck (no additional cost for tethering your phone). I will say that until about 2 years ago the lack of 3G service in my aread (20 miles outside of Baltimore) was bad but service has greatly improved.

I also travel to Puerto Rico to visit my mother-in-law (great service) and down south and the service is great (atleast the data because that's what I'm using 90% of the time).

On a side note, their variety of phones is not always up to par.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I have to disagree with the statement of T-Mobile having bad customer services. I have been with many cell phone companies and I end up staying with T-Mobile (4 years now) due to good pricing and more bang for your buck (no additional cost for tethering your phone). I will say that until about 2 years ago the lack of 3G service in my aread (20 miles outside of Baltimore) was bad but service has greatly improved.

I also travel to Puerto Rico to visit my mother-in-law (great service) and down south and the service is great (atleast the data because that's what I'm using 90% of the time).

On a side note, their variety of phones is not always up to par.
Customer service has nothing to do with cost and bang for the bang. Just like I said tmob is cheap which is why they sell

ARDOTBEE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to have to generally agree with the majority and say that tmobiles customer service is sub par.. I have been with tmobiles for the last three years and to say I'm a little dissatisfied would be an understatement.. The only reason I chose to stay with them is the fact that they are the cheapest service available.. Well I guess you get what you pay for.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
its just that, a rumor.

Apple and ATT exclusivity contract has been rumored to be ending more that once every year but it never actualy happens. Wait for apple to say something official before beleiving these rumors.

They still would have to change the chipset to get 3G service on t-Mobile. So... unless the iPhone 4 comes with a chipset that has t-mobiles 3G frequencies you will have to wait yet another year to use any other 3G carriers. Edge service would work, but who would want to use edge.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also just to add iPhone 4 is HSPA ready, from what i have read tmobile is the only carrier (between AT&T version and t-mobile) that are heading on with HSPA for it's "4g" network the other two are going to use LTE networks. That is why i believe the rumor started. HSPA is also the most popular worldwide. I believe that apple believes HSPA is the future over LTE that why they would dumb tmobile over AT&T.....only time will tell! at least i know that the iPhone 4 in two years will be able to work with my tmobile data network woo woo! Cause i do love tmobile 8 years and counting.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe sprint uses LTE for there overdrive/4g service (but i might be wrong on that)

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My understanding was that all that had to be done for T-Mobile was to activate another frequency on the chipsets. How involved that would is anyone's guess.

Most reactions

Latest posts