What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iphone and an Ipad - is that overkill

DazzyBee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have the iphone 3GS and was considering getting an Ipad 2, is there any point ?

Am I just duplicating functions for no reason.

What do u think ?:confused:

Jembie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both and it makes my life easier because I use my phone a lot during the day so in the evening there isn't a lot of juice left. Having the iPad means I can put the phone onto charge and switch to the pad unless I need to use my lappy instead. It also means that in the late evening I can lay in bed with my iPad and have my phone on the dock playing music :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I totally agree, I have iPhone 3GS and an iPad 1 and they compliment each other. IPad is wifi so when I need that it's at work and home and my iPhone covers the rest.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

vrpgames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad is a superior device for home use in comparison to iPhone.
I have iPhone4 and iPad2.

Sent from my iPad

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I always thought about this. Do I get an iPhone as well as my 3G iPad 2? Not for me right now I don't think but who knows in the future. At the moment I am going with my Blackberry / iPad 2 combo.

Sent from my iPad.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can't carry iPad everywhere therefore iPhone.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Of course you can carry the iPad everywhere :)

Sent from my MacBook Pro

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What? In a restaurant, a bit antisocial isn't it? I'm talking about where a surreptitious look at small device is more devious than very large one!

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have both iPad and iPhone 4. They both function in there own special way and I really don't feel there is any overkill. When the iPad first came out, I thought it would have been some sort of a duplication, but I find there is none. A lot of apps that I used on my iPhone I've since switched over to my iPad for better enjoyment (especially for book reading). And since I've JB'd (jailbreak) it's on an entirely different level so to speak.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok not QUITE everywhere but hmm i dont know its all about personal preference isnt it

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AlxiPad said:
Ok not QUITE everywhere but hmm i dont know its all about personal preference isnt it

Yes it is! When I set out to by a device like the this I was really looking for one basically as an eReader, nothing more. But most of those devices are limited and were just as expensive so I was like, what's the point? Just get the iPad and keep it in the family -- Apple that is ;)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with col.bris that it is an almost perfect combination. I had the same question (I have an iTouch which I can do almost anything with), and didn't really want to complicate my life with yet another device. I'm certainly glad I did, though I am still in the initial stages of configuring it.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
we use the iphone 4 in the family to keep intouch with through video call each other and i use the ipad as my main internet device when traveling at time's ..plus i love the large screen of the ipad to see things when i surfing the net and the phone is fine for video screen calling but not for seeing thing's on .

Reaction score
3+"screen of your phone vs 10" screen of the Ipad alone makes it worth it.
I think I have the perfect combo. Android phone, Ipad tablet. What one won't do or have an app for the other will or has. Android kills ios in kid video apps , especially free ones, but kid games and books are more fun on a 10"screen.
I can hotspot from the phone as well, just like an iPhone, making it an even sweeter combo for my usage.
I have Splashtop and Team Viewer on each so I can readily bring my Windows desktop into the mix over wifi or 3g for heavy duty computing.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts