What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 6 has static with hearing aids.

skycarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6. I wear hearing aids that have a phone setting button so the hearing aids communicate with phones electronically not by sound. This cuts out the hearing aid feedback squeal often heard when something comes too close to the hearing aid.

This feature worked very well with the iPhone 5 but with the iPhone 6 every call is overridden by static in the hearing aid. The phone is not producing the static in the hearing aid, but is creating the static. It seems that the electronic sound from the iPhone 6 is not compatible with my hearing aids.

Does anyone have a suggestion. I called Verizion who is my provider and who I bought the upgrade. The short answer was to take it back to a corp. store and get it replaced.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I agree. Talk directly to Apple. There is a good chance they can help, and I think it likely they will do everything they can. Accessibility has always been important to them.

As new as the iPhone is, it will still be under warrantee. If it has been less than 90 days since you purchased it, then you also have free tech support.

There is no reason not to call and see what they can do.

OP
skycarp

skycarp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. Talk directly to Apple. There is a good chance they can help, and I think it likely they will do everything they can. Accessibility has always been important to them.

As new as the iPhone is, it will still be under warrantee. If it has been less than 90 days since you purchased it, then you also have free tech support.

There is no reason not to call and see what they can do.
TP, thanks for your reply. At first I thought it was a buzz from a florescent bulb so I walked outside (at night) and still had the buzz. Yesterday I took a trip on the way to the Apple Corp. Store, in the day with the phone and I didn't have the buzz.

This morning I was at my desk with the desk lamp on and again had the buzz. It turns out the bulb in my desk lamp is one of those curly cue low energy bulbs. When I turned off the lamp the buzz went away. I also have the same low energy bulbs in my outside lighting which explains being outside away from my desk and still having the buzz. So, the problem was not the iPhone 6, it was my hearing aids and the low energy bulbs. Simple things are often the problem, All is good now.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know. I guess you'll either have to get a replacement for the hearing aid, or replace all your lightbulbs. No idea which would be cheaper.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts