What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4th gen. Speaker problem (cracking sound)

Xclusive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I recently bought an iPad 4 Wifi 32GB (black version).

I have used it for like a month and a half now and I experienced some issues with my iPad.

In short, I have two problems:

Problem 1

I recently downloaded the app called "iDJ2GO".
It's a dj app where you can mix music.
This app also contains an equalizer with three options: bass - mid - treble.

When I was playing music (electro house) I turned down the mid button.
Besides the song it was playing, I also heard a crackling sound. (it's difficult to describe).
Then I turned the mid button up again and the crackling sound was gone.

I don't think the speaker is blown up because the volume was only as high as 50%.
The sound wasn't very loud.

When I play music from the music library I hear a cracking sound.
This is especially noticable when the music part contains high frequencies.

I just think the sound of the speaker isn't as good as it used to be.
Normally an Ipad would sound clearly when it plays high frequencies.

Problem 2

My iPad speaker makes static noise when pause the music. (it disappears after about 10 seconds)
It isn't loud and you can only hear it when you put your ear in front of the speaker.
The static noise als appears when I play music and turn the volume down to 0.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe me speaker must be replaced.

And I already did the 10 seconds reset with the home button and sleep button.

My questions are:

1) Do you think it's normal? (I don't think it's normal).

2) Have you experienced the same problems with your iPad?

3) Do these problems fall under warranty?

I hope to hear from you because I don't really know what to do.

Jorn.

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there really nobody that wants to help me?

Sorry Xclusive, that no one has provided you with assistance. I would opine that a call to an Apple store for a genius appointment might be your best solution. Since you have had your iPad for a month and a half, speakers cracking like you describe could be a hardware problem. And your iPad is still under warranty. I would check there. Before you go, be sure you back up your iPad. Sometimes the genius at the Apple store may replace your iPad.

I have three generations of iPads and am surrounded by people with iPads and I have not witnessed or heard of iPad speaker problems.

Vikasnagpal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought an IPad 4 64 GB , with cellular, ( the most expensive model ) about 45 days ago. After 35 days of delight, the speaker has started crackling at even small volumes. Even when on skype , the sound quality is bad enough to make me uncomfortable. Cannot even skype. The music audio quality is very bad, there is a continuous crackle, & hiss giving an impression of bad speaker. Stopped using the audio on Ipad Now.

happyspider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just experienced the same thing. I fixed it by powering down the iPad and restarting it.

I hope this remedy works for others.

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem on my ipad with this annoying cracking and hissing sound even when the volume is low plzzz help!!

Davnici

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only solution I found is to turn off your ipad and turn it back on. It seems to be a hardware bug in iPads.

Most reactions

Latest posts