What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S REVEALED! Let's Talk iPhone Event FULL COVERAGE

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many people are disappointed about it not being a redesigned model but personally I think that it's a good upgrade. A change in processor and the camera bump are enough for me. The design of the iPhone 4 is really good which set the bar high. I'm sure that they're working on a redesigned model but maybe they aren't quite satisfied with it as of now. So rather than releasing a half-baked product, they stuck to the current design and upgraded the internals quite significantly.

cephaschew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno if iphone 4s allows personal sms tones? If not, whenever a message comes, everyone will be fumbling their pockets!

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno if iphone 4s allows personal sms tones? If not, whenever a message comes, everyone will be fumbling their pockets!
hmm,didn't think about ringtones,so how does it work on iphone4?can you only use what Apple put on?

zakka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll keep my Iphone 4. I'm glad they chose to keep the original Iphone 4 design since it don't get much better thant that IMHO.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm super disappointed. I'll stick with iPhone 4 for the cheaper price and save for iPad 3

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm,didn't think about ringtones,so how does it work on iphone4?can you only use what Apple put on?

you can make your own 40 sec ringtones, by using iTunes or any ringtone maker....i have ringtone maker pro(app), that uses songs from your iPod library.

Or Ringer from the Mac Appstore, and i think Garageband have a ringtone maker section.

when you make a ringtone, it carries the .m4r filename, thats the correct one.....double click on it to play, and it automatically goes into the ringtone section of iTunes.
hey, if you want, just trim a tune(however) and put .m4r as the filename and it should auto convert(on a mac it does).

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in Canada here, they stopped with 2 yr contracts a long time ago, all i see is 3 yr contracts(i have 2 - 3 yr contracts).

prob still have 2 yr, not sure....but if they do, prob low end phones.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of countries, in Europe and Asia for instance, don't require contracts. You buy your hardware unsubsidized, and carriers compete for your data and phone services. You buy whatever hardware you like, whenever you like, as long as you can afford it.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of countries, in Europe and Asia for instance, don't require contracts. You buy your hardware unsubsidized, and carriers compete for your data and phone services. You buy whatever hardware you like, whenever you like, as long as you can afford it.

Yup. Europe, where capitalism actually works. Unfortunately, the laissez faire attitude of the US government with regard to this issue results in much higher prices for consumers (long term) in return for cheap initial buy-in. The EU's decision to mandate GSM meant that the collusion between phone manufacturers and carriers couldn't occur as it has in the US.

Most reactions

Latest posts