What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's 'Cards' Application Announced! Send Physical Greeting Cards Via iOS

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Apart from the unveiling of the iPhone 4S, Apple decided to throw in a few more toys in the "Goodie Bag". One of the next apps and programs releasing October 12th is Cards. Cards is an app that will allow you to make your own greeting cards, birthday cards, postcards, whatever cards you really want and ship them to people physically. You can add photos, text and borders to make your card as pretty as your want it. After you're done, you have the choice of printing it and shipping anywhere to the U.S. for $2.99 and anywhere in the world for $4.99. Don't want to pay? Well you can also send your cards electronically via email. The app will most likely be available to install via the App Store exactly like iBook and not preinstalled on the OS. You can check this new feature out October 12th when it is released!​

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I looked at this app which is free.

However you pay for the cards which IMHO, are expensive, especially when you compare with the fees / annual charges for other sites, some of which offer great animated cards set to music.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I looked at this app which is free.

However you pay for the cards which IMHO, are expensive, especially when you compare with the fees / annual charges for other sites, some of which offer great animated cards set to music.

Have you bought a greeting card at Hallmark recently? These cards are very cost effective considering you are sending a physical card with a custom picture, it takes just minutes to do, and if you happen to be outside the US and sending to the US, it's a fraction of the cost of international delivery.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you bought a greeting card at Hallmark recently? These cards are very cost effective considering you are sending a physical card with a custom picture, it takes just minutes to do, and if you happen to be outside the US and sending to the US, it's a fraction of the cost of international delivery.

Yes, indeed. We recently bought some cards and the prices straddle the Apple card price. It's great to have choice, though.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts