What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 5 Launch Event Announced: Let's Talk iPhone

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Apple has finally sent out invitations for their next big media event. This event will be announcing this years new iPhone, or iPhone(s)... There have been a lot of rumors going around that Apple will be releasing two new devices this year that will pack different features. The iPhone 4S should be lower end for casual users and the iPhone 5 being the device with all the new cool features.

Now we already know that the next gen iPhone will be packing the A5 1 Ghz processor along with 1 GB of RAM. We should be seeing an 8 megapixel camera on the back and possibly and front facing camera upgrade. Rumors have been sketchy and mixed up so whether one or two devices come out, we just simply don't know. It would be a new move from Apple, but they always tend to surprise us.

We will know everything after the event titled "Let's Talk iPhone" on October 4th at 10 AM PST in Cupertino.​

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Destroyer said:
I need a new phone so I waiting for you Apple!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Me too.. I can't get one until Christmas but my phone sucks, I can't wait to get an iPhone 5!

DMSTAINLESS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Me too.. I can't get one until Christmas but my phone sucks, I can't wait to get an iPhone 5!

Not me! I'm due for my upgrade and ready. I'm new to this apple stuff, but love my iPad so it looks like my wife will be getting my droid x 2, and I'm goin iPhone5. I'm really looking for easier tethering with the iPhone, but am I right in saying all options point to jail breaking it? Im seeing more options of tethering if it's not an iPhone. Anyone experienced here?

iPad_Lover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so excited for this!! (Mostly iOS5, but the iPhone 5 will be fun to see) Too bad I'll be in school during all of this :( Hopefully someone (preferably Apple) will have this taped so maybe I can watch it when I get home.

<3Olivia Sent from my iPod Touch 4g

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
Bummer... I thought it was today..... :(

Will we get it over the air? I know future updates will be that way, but will this one I tried finding this info and couldn't. Thanks Tim!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No way iOS 5 can be OTA, the mechanism for doing OTA updates comes IN iOS 5...

-t

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm currently in the US until Thursday.... Wonder if anything will be on the shelves... Hmmm??

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
We may be slipping into Time Zone issues - the announcement will be in Cupertino, on October 4th at 10:00 PST.

Tim

Ah, yes figured that out. Just tried a sync, nothing yet.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad_Lover said:
I'm so excited for this!! (Mostly iOS5, but the iPhone 5 will be fun to see) Too bad I'll be in school during all of this :( Hopefully someone (preferably Apple) will have this taped so maybe I can watch it when I get home.

<3Olivia Sent from my iPod Touch 4g

I will be student teaching when it's on, so I feel ya.

Most reactions