What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S REVEALED! Let's Talk iPhone Event FULL COVERAGE

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Today Apple finally unveiled the next generation iPhone 4S. Setting aside rumors of a fully redesigned iPhone 5, this device looks EXACTLY like the iPhone 4S. Though similar to the Verizon Model the iPhone 4S packs a Dual-Core A5 Processor(currently in the iPad 2), an 8 Megapixel Camera, and 1080P HD video recording. It will be running iOS 5 out of the box with all of the previous features shown plus a big new one, Siri.

Siri is basically like the Dragon Go! app in the App Store. It basically makes your phone come alive and you being able to dictate what you want it to do. You can ask it questions like "What is the weather today" or "Text Message Eric How are you today?" and it will do as you command. It has the ability to read to you and you and respond to it without having to text. This will be perfect for times you can use your hands or while driving. Siri will also get used to your voice over time and able to recognize what you say more and more. IT'S LIKE A FERBY!

Another new feature is the Cards application where you can make post cards, greeting cards, etc. and Apple will physically print them to your friends for a fee. The fee for Apple to print/ship these is $2.99 for U.S./$4.99 International. Not too bad of a deal and you don't even have to get a pen out!

Lots of previously announced things were covered like all of iOS 5 and Apples Sales numbers. I am a bit disappointed with no redesign but hey, it's going to be a badass device.

The iPhone 4S Pre-Orders Start Friday, October 7th 2011 with an October 14th RELEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think it's going to be much different from the iPhone 4 though. A tad disappointed but I can't say that I didn't expect it.

johnhyunyoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one_crazy_dude said:
Looks like I'll be skipping this just like i did with the most advanced 3GS

The 3GS at least had a decent improvement since the 3G was so dang slow. But the iPhone 4 is already so fast.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I havent had an iPhone before so im going for it

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really disappointed that the screen display was not enlarged, no Safari tabbed browsing in iPhone 4S (i think).
Yes,I'm wondering about screen size,my galaxy s has a larger screen,suppose I would get used to it.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to upgrade from iphone 4, people are skeptical, but to upgrade from iphone 3G or 3G$, its a good thing.
my mom contacted me on the weekend, she needs iphone 4(she has iphone 3G)....so what i can do is, get iphone 4$ for me from her upgrade account, and give her my iphone 4 until i get iphone 5 and then give her back the iphone 4$....sounds like a plan.

just need an iOS 5 jailbreak to work on this A5 iDevice, to enjoy a fast jailbroken device like the iPad 2, with that A5 and faster graphics with a possible 1GB RAM memory(my mind sped up for no reason). Hopefully those exploits saves us here.

Love my iphone 4 don't matter what.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the second thread on ipadforums, that i cannot edit my post.

good news people, iOS 5 GM seed released to developers today, is jailbreakable(tethered for now, redsnow).

Now we just gotta wait till June 2012 for an iPhone 5.

Most reactions