What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S Cover

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am aware that this is an iPad forum but any recommendations for a low-profile preferably waterproof cover for the iPhone 4S? I picked up an Otterbox Defender today but it is way too bulky. I have also looked at Morphie Juice Pack cases (not waterproof) but the extra battery life is of interest.

Thank you!

OP
J

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not because I know a lot of iPad owners are also iPhone owners but thanks.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a prob, just thought I'd ask. I use a DriPhone cover and it's fab.

OP
J

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks interesting but I do not see a US retailer online. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've been liking the look of the LifeProof case, but can't convince myself to pay that much.

I had the Survivor case, but it was just too bulky, and the ports were too much trouble to get to. If I were in an industrial (high risk) environment I'd put up with that though, because the protection was first rate.

OP
J

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet,

I have been looking at the LifeProof as well. Very impressive. Going to Best Buy today to return the Otterbox. Might pick one up. It is expensive though.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes those "armor" type protective covers for the phones are so huge that you can't fit it easily in your pocket of bag. The life pro looks pretty streamline and minus the bulkiness. I may have to share this recommendation for others who had bought the gumdrop cover. Very good product, but a bit bulky.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have both the Otterbox and the Mophie. While I would like to use the Otterbox, one reason being that it has a belt clip which neatly attaches to my CB mike cable, I find the extra battery on the Mophie to be just too useful to do without. I know it's not waterproof, but it's a good product, and survives the pounding it gets in my truck. It also doesn't add hugely to the size of the iPhone, so it is still quite easy to get into your pocket.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One word of warning: make sure whichever case you get, you specify that it is intended for a 4S. Can't remember what, but something was moved on the 4S, ambient light sensor, I think, so cases intended for the iPhone 4, although they will fit properly, will not work properly.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts