What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Otterbox Defender Screen is Crystal Clear!

merman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hesitated to buy the New iPad Otterbox Defender because of the pixel'ed / somewhat etched screen on my iPhone 4S Defender. I adjusted to it and really only noticed it on occasion. A co-worker bought the New iPad Defender early on and when I stopped by to look at it it was similar if not exactly like my 4S Defender. I didn't really want to look thru this on the "big screen". I tried a couple other configurations of covers / cases but really knew I wanted the Defender. I added my name to the Otterbox mailing list for release of the new Defender colors. As soon as they notified me of the new release, I ordered the white. I'm very happy to report that Otterbox evidently has been reading the posts. My screen is crystal clear with no evidence of the pixel / etched effect as on my iPhone Defender. I think now I'll contact them to see if a new design is being worked to do the same for my iPhone 4S Defender. A great case and the white makes me feel like I'm looking at the iPad color I bought.

6mildollarman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So are these new versions? The new colors look pretty cool, especially the white (crevasse). I wish I waited before buying one (the first run black for the new iPad).

Just how clear is the screen protector? Is it like a zagg shield? The defender I have has a pixelated, rainbow effect (like a mild 3d glasses effect) that distorts the screen and gives me a migraine when I look at the screen for no more than 5 minutes. It's to the point that I'd rather put the iPad in a less sturdy, screen less case and just be more careful when handling it.

OP
merman

merman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The screen is crystal clear. I'm not familiar with the Zagg protector. I do not see any signs of the pixel effect that my co-workers original release (black and the magnets don't activate sleep mode correctly) or my iPhone 4S Defender have.

Most reactions

Latest posts