What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes constantly asking me to log in. Why?

Craigfeds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When using my iPad I am constantly asked by iTunes to log in. I am assuming it's because I have updates from my Itunes account for app. updates. I wont have access to syncing or a wi-fi connection anytime soon so how do I disable this message or for iTunes to just back off? Thank you for taking the time to read my post for help.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes on your iPad is not like the iTunes on your computer.

On your computer, you go to iTunes for both purchasing stuff and playing stuff. But on your iPad, the iTunes app is just for purchasing content (music, movies, TV shows, etc), but when you want to play music or listen to podcasts on your iPad, you have to used the iPod app and when you want to play videos, you have to use the Videos app.

Yes, it is confusing! Apple is using iTunes for one thing on your computer and another thing on your iPad! This was not their best idea!

OP
C

Craigfeds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you for your help. And yes I agree about different interfaces for iPad and computer. I guess I'll live with it foe now.

kc2ped

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my laptop. I think it is because I have items in the cue for download and don't have a net connection. It seems to me like software that is smart enough to check and tell me what apps I need to update also ought to be smart enough to know that there is no net connection and wait to try to access the store until I do have a connection. But Steve knows better than we do how we want our computers to work so we will just have to live with it.

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my laptop. I think it is because I have items in the cue for download and don't have a net connection. It seems to me like software that is smart enough to check and tell me what apps I need to update also ought to be smart enough to know that there is no net connection and wait to try to access the store until I do have a connection. But Steve knows better than we do how we want our computers to work so we will just have to live with it.
I believe this is the issue.

Mine started asking me for my pw on start right after a failed attempt to download some app. iTunes tried to install it three times or so and failed. Asked me what I wanted to do and eventually I chose whatever option was equivalent to "nevermind" over "try again."

Ever since then, it's asked me for my pw on startup, but hasn't attempted to download and install that app... might have been epic citadel... just can't remember.

Chris

Most reactions