What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two minor observations:

One, for some reason the editor now comes up preloaded with quoted text, only in this thread. I suspect it's because I started to reply (and quote) once, and then aborted. I suspect it will go away if I clear my Cookies and Data, or maybe posting this will fix the problem; but it is a behavior the support people might look into.

Two, I'm missing the OP (Original Poster) indicator in the threads. It's a minor thing, but handy when you want to quickly check if you are responding to the thread's creator, or to someone else who may or may not still be on topic.

While the new look was a bit of shock at first, I'm coming around. Mostly it's a matter of training my eyes to look in new places for the same information, and my hands to click on new links that do the same or similar things.

Otherwise, I'm liking the new features (as I discover them) and the much snappier response times. I spend far more time on my computer than I do the iPad, so the site upgrade is a major boon.

Thank you.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was correct on issue One. Once I actually posted a reply the editor cleaned itself up. Apparently it saves whatever you were doing in a thread and keeps it, even if you leave the site and come back. It's probably part of the automatic Draft feature, and more likely to save me headaches in the future than to cause them.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's something else we had before:

In website view, it was possible before the update to see if another member was viewing a thread when you read it as well. It was visible at the bottom, under Post Reply, if memory serves right.

From time to time, this showed me that I don't need to answer to a post, because supposedly someone else was already writing a reply.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's just a matter of time for things to be properly indexed and begin to function as planned. With the last thread I replied to, it took about 5 minutes for my reply to show up in the watched threads list.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A little unrelated but will this update be also implemented to other sites ran by you guys?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A little unrelated but will this update be also implemented to other sites ran by you guys?
It will be coming to iPhone Forums in the near future and probably to the other forums as well.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
SO FAR - this software STINKS for my needs - tried to make a new post to my West Virginia thread and adding figures is just not the same - I'm sure all will improve over the next few days, but will stop posting for a while, and hope that adding pics and integrating text will be easier soon - Dave :)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SO FAR - this software STINKS for my needs - tried to make a new post to my West Virginia thread and adding figures is just not the same - I'm sure all will improve over the next few days, but will stop posting for a while, and hope that adding pics and integrating text will be easier soon - Dave :)

Hey Dave, How are you trying to add pics to your message? It should be much easier to upload photos into a thread. Simply click the upload a file button below the reply box. Once it's uploaded you will have the option to insert it as a thumbnail or full size.
image.jpg

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, it will take some time to work out the bugs from this conversion. We plan on converting iphoneforums.net next.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment it's confusing because of "Thanks received" and "Positive ratings". In a thread, you see the Thanks received, whereas, when you go to your profile page, you see all positive ratings under the avatar. The number is not always the same, because some of us gave Agrees and Winners,..too, because we are able to. It would be easier to show the same number everywhere. Here's mine as an example.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 143

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On "Your Profile Page" - Information - Interact: Find all threads by (user name) is not yet working.

We were able to add a profile photo on our profile page. It's not possible at the moment.

And a question that I'm personally interested in:
I'd like to show the year of my birth on my profile page, but not my exact birthday date. Will this be possible one day?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Dave, How are you trying to add pics to your message? It should be much easier to upload photos into a thread. Simply click the upload a file button below the reply box. Once it's uploaded you will have the option to insert it as a thumbnail or full size.
View attachment 57607

I'm thinking Dave means that photos can't be integrated throughout the script, they only appear at the bottom as a bunch of pics. When we do travel logs we like to show some info with an accompanying pic and continue like this. Each pic accompanies the relevant info. I'm pleased that our existing logs have stayed intact with the photos scattered throughout the post like this -
http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/japan.116808/

Most reactions

Latest posts