What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPadForums.net Upgrade Problems - Issues Thread

wench

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At the moment it's completely down. I've already done that, and it didn't help. The website is constantly changing, so I suppose everyone's concentrating on getting this done. Try Safari or Tapatalk in the meantime. They both work.[

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wench thanks for your input. This change is major and what is happening is the site is still indexing plus admin and tech staff are fixing outstanding issues. I also suggest using safari and or tapatalk as both work fine.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Members - Notable Members tab isn't there any more in web view, next to Forums, but can still be accessed through Quick Navigation Menu.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed some display problems the site was having on the iPad Mini.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Is there an explanation somewhere what these post rating options mean? Most of them look like positive feedback, except for the second one.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On a computer if you hover over them it will tell you. I know that doesn't work on an ipad though so here is a screenshot of what they mean.

Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 2.57.21 PM.png

To everyone else, the ipadforums.net branded app is being discontinued. We will create a replacement app but it will essentially just be a browser window to the site.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On a computer if you hover over them it will tell you. I know that doesn't work on an ipad though so here is a screenshot of what they mean.

View attachment 57586

To everyone else, the ipadforums.net branded app is being discontinued. We will create a replacement app but it will essentially just be a browser window to the site.
Thank you for the screenshot!

So we should delete the iPF app, I suppose.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the screenshot!

So we should delete the iPF app, I suppose.

We might be able to find a way to 'update' it to the new version so I would hold off for now but its definitely not going to be working for a while. We are investigating what to do about it right now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The operational status of the app has been changing all day. For a short while this morning, it was actually working almost normally, now it's full of parse error pop ups.
We might be able to find a way to 'update' it to the new version so I would hold off for now but its definitely not going to be working for a while. We are investigating what to do about it right now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed.

The website works great, and I'm getting used to it. In fact, it has some great new features. I've added the website link to my homescreen and deleted the app, because of the errors.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed.

The website works great, and I'm getting used to it. In fact, it has some great new features. I've added the website link to my homescreen and deleted the app, because of the errors.
Good idea about the home screen bookmark. I've just done the same. I kept the app though, moved to the last screen, just in case something develops.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good idea about the home screen bookmark. I've just done the same. I kept the app though, moved to the last screen, just in case something develops.
If it's possible to use it again, I'll find it in the Purchased list. The site will certainly inform us about it.

Most reactions