What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipadair64

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1) Weight and size. Much improved.
2) Connector. You will notice this next. It's a little thing but makes a big difference day-to-day.
3) Screen. You will notice this next after you turn the Air on. If you have poor vision, this may not count for you.
4) Speed. You will notice this when you load and/or play a graphics-intensive games. If all you do is check email and read books, this may not matter.
5) World-wide cellular. You may never notice this.
6) Wifi. Faster, but if you don't have the right gear you may never notice this either.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It has more RAM too; which tends to help with app crashes and reloads.

From the iPad 2 to the iPad Air, very little has not been improved or tweaked in some way. The only thing that stays the same is the apps and iStores; which have also improved and/or been tweaked, but you got most of that with the iOS 7 update, if you installed it.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I came from an iPad 2 and the Air is like a totally different tablet. I loved my iPad 2 and my youngest daughter is enjoying it now. The Air is a big time upgrade in almost every regard.

PDX_FF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big difference between the two. If you are thinking of upgrading you won't regret it. From an iPad 4 to an Air...that might be a different story. My son has my old iPad 2 and for him it works great, when I need to check something in a quick pinch on it...it's PAINFUL.

quadtronix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the 2 but sold it... Now I have the Air. It's better than the 2 in a lot of ways. Worth the extra 100 bucks. You get a smaller, thinner and lighter tablet with the same size screen but better resolution and much faster processor. If you look at the benchmark scores for the iPad Air on a site like Anandtech.com or really any review, you'll see that the 64bit A7 SOC is a screamer! It trounces the 2 in every respect. Is that because it is 64 bit? I don't know... I don't think that's why but I don't really know. All I know is that in my experience it is super fast and responsive. Battery life is great too although it was also great on my iPad 2. All in all, I think if you have the means, the iPad Air is a worthwhile upgrade from the 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts