What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad Air 4 has loud clicking and popping randomly while typing

queencarmelita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Ipad Air 4 is only a few months old and occasionally I get a loud click/pop while typing. Today I was writing a message and so much popping happening. I have seen mention of this with the Air 2 but no solutions. Anyone know what's happening or do I have my third dud of an ipad.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Ipad Air 4 is only a few months old and occasionally I get a loud click/pop while typing. Today I was writing a message and so much popping happening. I have seen mention of this with the Air 2 but no solutions. Anyone know what's happening or do I have my third dud of an ipad.
You could try turning off Keyboard clicks under Sounds setting.

OP
queencarmelita

queencarmelita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That’s the first thing I did and now I can’t hear myself typing but I still get the random loud ding and it’s not affected by the volume on the iPad it’s really loud no matter what the volume. Just now I turned on the microphone and it was really loud and now I’m gonna turn it off. Again really loud.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That’s the first thing I did and now I can’t hear myself typing but I still get the random loud ding and it’s not affected by the volume on the iPad it’s really loud no matter what the volume. Just now I turned on the microphone and it was really loud and now I’m gonna turn it off. Again really loud.
Could it be some notification sound that comes in coincidential to your typing at the same time?

Most reactions

Latest posts