What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad3 charging battery problem

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheNewiPad said:
I would suggest checking your outlets with other devices to see if it causes them any extra heat, to make sure it's not a faulty outlet. Also, in a related note, I would suggest keeping your iPad off of carpet, pillows, or beds while watching movies or heavy browsing -- simply because it conduces heat and makes it harder to ensure a long lifespan of the device itself. Even though the device is fully capable of running hot (many times) without significant damage, it's still smart to take the best care of it.

Leaving it on bed to listen to music is ok isn't it? I place it the side, near my pillows, uncharged, but play music, I don't have a long play list about 3 hours long (I listen to music to help me sleep). Thanks for the advise though.

TheNewiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leaving it on bed to listen to music is ok isn't it? I place it the side, near my pillows, uncharged, but play music, I don't have a long play list about 3 hours long (I listen to music to help me sleep). Thanks for the advise though.

Ultimately, placing it on the carpet or bed itself won't do too much damage to the device whatsoever and most people just threat their device as a normal "thing" used around the house.

I have always tried to ensure lossless quality for all of my devices (obsessive a little bit) and try to think about the minute details that can (extremely slowly) degrade any machines performance. So, ultimately, the ground has dust, hair, and bacteria on it -- so even when I put my device on the ground, I try to have a small book underneath it so that it doesn't get as warm and doesn't touch the actual carpet and/or dust.

Again, though, for a casual use of the iPad in the way you're suggesting, you'll be fine, but if you can, just keep a small book next to your bed so you can lay the iPad on top of it. I hope this helps a little!

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard so much that ipad3 got really heated up, and was waiting for better model, it appeared is a 'normal' thing, I think I'm going to get one soon.

Most reactions

Latest posts