What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 your reasons

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What was you reasons to do not go into lines and get ipad2 while initial date release besides no money and busy that day? I got mine relatively quick at best buy, about hour in line. Could get any model and color.

WordSmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have never waited in line for a product release. Why start now? Although had I had a friend as interested as I was, maybe we could have made a day of it Alas, I'm the only iPad nut in my circle.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will never wait in a line to spend my hard earned money. I work hard to earn the money, I shouldn't have to work hard to spend it by wasting time in line! :D

So I just ordered online at 4am on the 11th and went right back to sleep and got mine delivered on the 15th. Much better to spend 5 minutes in the wee hours placing an order than waiting in line for hours and still taking a chance on whether you get the model you want or one at all.

OP
B

Breitling65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have never waited in line for a product release. Why start now? Although had I had a friend as interested as I was, maybe we could have made a day of it Alas, I'm the only iPad nut in my circle.

Again, I spent one hour in line only. Came 4:00pm and got ipad2 5pm, so it was not really as brutal and no need of sleeping in lines. Why not? Why besides no money and busy people can't get into store first day and now posting all these posts "when, shipments, how long, etc"? I am just interesting in logic.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will be in line because of the thinness, faster processor and graphics and FaceTime.

I have a few critical tasks that would benefit from the speed.

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't do lines. I checked on ebay for someone selling locally. I bid and lost. (auction ended in the wee hours of the morning, and I slept thru it). I'd sent them a message to ask if I could pick up instead of having it shipped, if I won. I didn't win tho, so didn't think anything more about it.

About 2 days later, I got a message from them. The winner didn't have any money, and wouldn't for about 2 weeks, and was I interested. Ummm, yup. LOL, they offered to sell to me for cost if I'd pay cash. Met up locally, had a nice visit and left happy as a clam.

She'd bought one for her husband, he wasn't that interested, so she was keeping hers, selling his.

I felt kinda guilty (I know, I know), but said I felt I should pay what I'd bid to begin with. Taking into account taxes paid, I paid about 50 bucks extra. Well worth it in my book.

This is my first Apple product, and I'm so in love! Can't wait to take a trip to the Apple store to buy goodies for it!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As much as I probably would've loved the social aspects of waiting in a line with a bunch of other geeks and iPad fans, my reasons are simple:

1) The nearest location to me is over an hour away.
2) I live in the mountains and winter weather (3' of snow) is crappy enough driving, let alone deal with the crazy metro traffic.
3) I'm in no hurry.
4) Order it from the comfort of my home, have it shipped to my mother in Oregon thus saving $73 worth of sales tax (no ST in Oregon) which I could then put toward goodies and apps.
5) Pick it up when I visit her and give her my old iPad at the same time.

My only regret is that I inadvertently fell asleep at 11:30pm on the 10th trying to stay up late so I could order (black 64GB w/AT&T 3G) right at 1am to take advantage of the quick shipping time. I woke up around 7:30 or 8:00 and found I'd JUST missed the 3-5 day shipping estimate, as by then the estimate was pushed back to 2-3 weeks. (slaps forehead)

Am I excited? You bet!

Does this mean that I won't be tempted to pop in at an Apple Store early one morning to see if I could pick one up? Nope. If the opportunity presents itself, I'll try it. But my original plan seems the best.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

southpaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never been a line-waiter for products. I don't want to waste time and then not get what I want. As it turns out, I was traveling on business, anyway, and would not be able to go to a store, so I got up at 4 a.m. (Eastern) and bought 2 - one for me and the other for DH. He got his on the 16th and I should get mine on the 22nd.

I knew I would be playing the "shipping" "where is it" game, but I did not think it would be this long. I didn't know they were shipping from China. In retrospect, had I known this, I might have told (I mean, asked) DH to go to our local Walmart to see about getting them. We live in a rural area of NJ so maybe there would not have been a line. On the other hand, I am sure they did not get a lot (another nearby WalMart said they only got 6 units). However, if he couldn't get them, then we would have missed getting first shipping on the online orders.

It is hard to know how to play it.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not want to take off if work. I was not in hurry to get it. I ordered online at 4:18 march 11th. Will get it tomorrow.

4estGump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was up at 4:00 am March 11th, went to the site to check it out, it wasn't updated. 4:01, refreshed and there it was, ready for order. Decided not to because I thought I'd be able to pick one up during my dinner break. Had to work through the 5pm sell-a-thon till 7, went to 2 Best Buys, a Target, Wal-Mart and the Apple Store and no dice.

Now I have one on order (4-5 weeks) and am still looking just in case. Missed the boat on this one.

modru2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol some of you will hate me for this. but i didn't do anything the 11th. i was thinking do i really want this, would i use it, if so how. spent the weekend thinking about it and looking at apps.

monday the 14th i told myself i pretty well wanted it. so i decided that i would go to best buy after work and if they had one i would get one.

walked into best buy at 5:08pm and walked out with a 64g 3g ipad 2. it was like it was ment to be.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I waited in line for a Palm Pre (yes, I feel like an idiot). It wasn't much of a line and I'm still happy with that phone. I still like webOS better than iOS for what I do. However, I won't be waiting in any lines any longer.

For iPad2, just ordered through our corporate account. 2-3 weeks for shipping.

Most reactions

Latest posts