What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 vs iphone 4

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not do without iPhone and iPad. Different devices , different applications and different experiences. Enjoy them both now and looking forward to the iPhone 5 and iPad 3.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was given an iPad 2 at the end of May, and use it all day for various things. The iWorks apps are great for writing letters, making checklists, spreadsheets etc. It is great for watching on demand telly and films, surfing the web etc. However, after upgrading to ios5, and finding out how fantastic the reminders app is, and becoming increasing reliant on the calendar to keep my life in order, I bought an iPhone 4 last month. I love that the two devices talk to each other so well. I can make a 'to do' list on my iPad when sitting in front of the telly, but read it on my phone when in town the next day. It really is brilliant, and I wouldn't want to manage without either device now.

Absolutely, definitely go for it. You won't regret it for a minute, and you'll love your iPhone even more too.

lynz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
I was given an iPad 2 at the end of May, and use it all day for various things. The iWorks apps are great for writing letters, making checklists, spreadsheets etc. It is great for watching on demand telly and films, surfing the web etc. However, after upgrading to ios5, and finding out how fantastic the reminders app is, and becoming increasing reliant on the calendar to keep my life in order, I bought an iPhone 4 last month. I love that the two devices talk to each other so well. I can make a 'to do' list on my iPad when sitting in front of the telly, but read it on my phone when in town the next day. It really is brilliant, and I wouldn't want to manage without either device now.

Absolutely, definitely go for it. You won't regret it for a minute, and you'll love your iPhone even more too.

What apps do you use for your spreadsheets??

lynz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:

What's the best app for writing letters etc

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had an iPhone before I got my iPad. If both are at hand, I grab the iPad first, and for that reason I considered going to a regular phone.

But... there are many times when when I don't have my iPad, but my iPhone is ALWAYS with me. So, I'll be keeping both. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lynz said:
What's the best app for writing letters etc

Hi Lynz. I use Pages for word processing - writing letters, making posters, copying and pasting text I want to refer to later, and for simple tables etc. I use Numbers for spreadsheets and more involved checklists ( I use the Reminders app for simple checklists).

Cliveawn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dont forget about the camera connection kit too! still looking for a thumbdrive that will work with it though!

Most reactions

Latest posts