What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad2 camera not working!

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Salut,

Can you be more specific please. What happens when you open the Camera App?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Michel and welcome to the forum! :)

The specifics of your problem as suggested would be helpful, but you may want to try the following usual 'first' steps when an app is misbehaving:

First, open the multi-taskbar (double tap the home buttom or use multi-finger gesturing) - find the camera app, press and hold until the app jiggles, then press the minus sign which will close the app; return to the home screen and try again.

Second, if the above does not cure the issue, then 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE.

If none of these suggestions work, then please post back for further advice - good luck!

OP
micheldubai

micheldubai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks. what happens is the following: the shutter usually does not open or when it does, it sometimes works for a few seconds and closes again. as it s a problem a friend of mine has, i will ask her to try your tip and let you know the result. the reset didn t work.

OP
micheldubai

micheldubai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no way! went to service centre and they agreed to replace it. thanks for coop

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
micheldubai said:
no way! went to service centre and they agreed to replace it. thanks for coop

Congrats! That would have been my next suggestion with the hope of a replacement! :)

Most reactions