What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera not working!!!!

fbbdab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My camera has completely stopped operating. The last time it worked only the back camera would come on. I tried to switch to the front camera and that function would not work. The shutter switch closed and now it will not open neither the front nor the back cameras. I can not use Skype, PhotoBooth,FaceTime nothing. This ipad2 is only two weeks old. Does anybody know what is happening with this, does anybody know of a fix or if aApple has any plans to fix this?

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried doing a restart?

Press and hold down the sleep/wake on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake button on the top until the Apple logo appears.

OP
F

fbbdab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
idave23 said:
Have you tried doing a restart?

Press and hold down the sleep/wake on the front of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake button on the top until the Apple logo appears.

I tried that several times and it did not correct the problem.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have had it only two weeks it must be under warranty. Take it back and exchange it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
F

fbbdab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmbarker said:
If you have had it only two weeks it must be under warranty. Take it back and exchange it.

Thats what I'm thinking but will the next one have the same problem or has Apple developed a fix?

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not a common problem, most work just fine, therefore you've got something wrong with yours and should exchange it.

OP
F

fbbdab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I sync to the computer the camera began functioning properly again. PhotoBooth and FaceTime also are now working as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts