What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad2 and Verizon 3G

ladyluck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my new iPad2 on Friday and set up the Verizon acct, choosing the 3GB monthly plan. I'm amazed with the iPad, unable to put it down, and I realized tonight I had it on the Cellular connect and not my WiFi since Friday! :eek:

How much can you do via cellular connection? :confused:

I read somewhere the amount (that gave an example) of emails, web pages, movies, tunes, you could access monthly and how much it would allow, to give an idea.

Hoping someone can give me an idea what 3G will allow monthly and if 3G will be enough. :confused:

I'm only using the Verizon connection when I travel (now that I know how to cut it off!) :D

Thanks for any help you have!!!:)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to 'Settings', 'General', 'Usage' you can see there how much cellular data you have used. Be warned, however, that this gives a fairly conservative indication because it's the net data used rather than the gross data. Data from your iPad is 'wrapped' in 'packets' (just like regular post) in order to 'protect' the content and to 'address' the data. The 'Usage' indicator tells you how much was inside the packets that were sent, but Verizon have to carry the wrapping too, so their figures are generally higher than those provided by the iPad - add about 25% to be on the safe side.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts