What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD1 crashing

imjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not forgotten. Every new apps and games, on every platform (PC, console, mobile), can be predicted will have a higher hardware requirement. For PC, we can upgrade any part as needed. But mobile devices, even laptop, can not do that. It is not their intention forgetting older stuffs, but technology demands more.
A couple of years back, the biggest game capacity was around 10gb. So with a 250gb hdd u can install tons of 'em. But now, pc games are geettig bigger. 22gb is not special. So with the same hdd, u can only install a few. Do u have to upgrade ur hdd? Only if u need to.
The answer is the same on ipad. Since we can't upgrade any hardware in it, the only question is, do u have to buy the new ipad 2 or 3? Only if u need to.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not forgotten. Every new apps and games, on every platform (PC, console, mobile), can be predicted will have a higher hardware requirement. For PC, we can upgrade any part as needed. But mobile devices, even laptop, can not do that. It is not their intention forgetting older stuffs, but technology demands more.
I disagree. The CPU, RAM, and HDD in my laptop are all user-replaceable. I can upgrade my laptop any day.

imjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I disagree. The CPU, RAM, and HDD in my laptop are all user-replaceable. I can upgrade my laptop any day.

Hdd and ram u can upgrade. CPU, u can do the same, but none are selling it, here at least. And VGA, out of question. :))
Wish we could do the same on ipad, So this device would be more like laptop than a mobile phone.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep, all those big, graphical apps require a ton of RAM. I really want to play Office Jerk, but it always crashes!
All of us iPad 1 owners have been forgotten. :(

I don't play games, and my iPad habits haven't changed at all since iPad 1's debut. The only difference is the firmware, and that's what's led to RAM probs and Safari crashes on my iPad 1.

Most reactions

Latest posts